Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Warning... all the Ruins and many other cards are spoiled with this massive image. I'm sure someone will transcribe them here...

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4087.msg87...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
The surprise is Ruined!!!! No!!!!!

See what I did there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet... I was kind of correct.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Warning... all the Ruins and many other cards are spoiled with this massive image. I'm sure someone will transcribe them here...

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4087.msg87...

whistle

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Muller
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Wow we made a homemade card called Druthers which is exactly the same functionally as the Band of Misfits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teddy Winand
United States
Lincoln Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe there are still 18 cards left we don't know! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sacrifice your Cultists on the Altar! Also the combos with Fortress are almost too awesome to consider, especially with this set. Ooh, this could be rather fun to play indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happycannibal wrote:
The surprise is Ruined!!!! No!!!!!

See what I did there?

Nothing can Spoil the surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Is this the real deal or is this some kind of fake? All of the cards previously revealed by Donald X. have Illustration credits and an RGG copyright. The new "spoiled" cards have neither. The coin cost symbols in the bottom left corner are a slightly lighter color, appear slightly smaller, and the number appears a bit lower than in the previously revealed cards. The battle axe icon in the lower left corner appears a little bigger than on the previously revealed cards. The text on all of the new cards looks a little screwy as well. Font sizes are not consistent. The wording on Ironmonger looks a little funky.

The whole thing screams hoax to me!

shake

Edit: Nevermind. I read all of the thread on the dominionstrategy site and saw Donald X.'s explanation for the differences in the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Fortress and Count....good stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortress made me pee a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Redford
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play my Band of Misfits as an Island, setting aside a Feodum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think you would have to set Band of Misfits aside on the Island mat as well if you did this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Redford
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weasel47 wrote:
I think you would have to set Band of Misfits aside on the Island mat as well if you did this...

Without a doubt. It's just a funny combination. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee Jay
Australia
flag msg tools
Vadorojo wrote:
weasel47 wrote:

Without a doubt. It's just a funny combination. =)

This would be strange! I wonder if it would count as anything in the end... also I think it will be strange playing Procession on a Band of Misfit's acting as a Fortress... How does this work? Do you trash it as a $4 or $5, and does it come back into your hand?

On second thoughts, Fortress is super powerful... imagine King's Court Bishop and trashing Fortress 3 times, instant +9 VP for only three cards in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And there we have an infinite VP combo, especially viable if you trash down to just those three cards. You don't need to buy anything else anymore, just get 9 VP per round for the rest of the game. Hmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
bjcj123 wrote:

This would be strange! I wonder if it would count as anything in the end... also I think it will be strange playing Procession on a Band of Misfit's acting as a Fortress... How does this work? Do you trash it as a $4 or $5, and does it come back into your hand?

First off this is academic unless they release a card that trashes cards from play. Band of Misfits can't become a Fortress until you play it as an Action, and after you've played it, no card yet released can trash it. That could be interesting to see though and I wouldn't put it past them.

I think "When you trash this" means the same as "After you trash this" in which case you move it to the trash and it has left play before the effect would trigger. Though I'm not sure if it's ever mattered before.

We already know there will be at least one rule clarification for some similar cases though (the infamous "Lose Track rule" which pops up once every billion years is getting printed in an official form), so it's possible this could change. It would sure be confusing though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Simantov
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WheresMyElephant wrote:
bjcj123 wrote:

First off this is academic unless they release a card that trashes cards from play.

Procession: You may play an action card from your hand twice. Trash it. etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Staszowski
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
This message is my best attempt at being cryptic.
mbmbmb
America Pie reference(?): This one time, at Bandit camp, I smuggled a dutchy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McClellan
United States
flag msg tools
WheresMyElephant wrote:
bjcj123 wrote:

First off this is academic unless they release a card that trashes cards from play. Band of Misfits can't become a Fortress until you play it as an Action, and after you've played it, no card yet released can trash it. That could be interesting to see though and I wouldn't put it past them.

I think "When you trash this" means the same as "After you trash this" in which case you move it to the trash and it has left play before the effect would trigger. Though I'm not sure if it's ever mattered before.

We already know there will be at least one rule clarification for some similar cases though (the infamous "Lose Track rule" which pops up once every billion years is getting printed in an official form), so it's possible this could change. It would sure be confusing though.

"When you trash this" means "When you trash this," not "After you trash this." When you have "when" it implies simultaneity. Donald X has already ruled that:

Procession->Band of Misfits(Fortress)

Will put Band of Misfits back in your hand, and net you a card costing $6. WHEN you trash it, Band of Misfits is still in play, and thus still Fortress, so it goes back to your hand. The gaining a card comes after the trashing - the card may no longer be in the trash, but by golly, Procession is gonna give you something. But what's this? I don't see a Fortress - I see a Band of Misfits (because it left play)! Here's a $6 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
bjcj123 wrote:
On second thoughts, Fortress is super powerful... imagine King's Court Bishop and trashing Fortress 3 times, instant +9 VP for only three cards in hand.

Azeltir wrote:
And there we have an infinite VP combo, especially viable if you trash down to just those three cards. You don't need to buy anything else anymore, just get 9 VP per round for the rest of the game. Hmm.

With two slots left over, you could add another King's Court (or a Throne Room) and another Bishop and get +18 VP per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more leaks. Dame Ann and Begger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. But you still can't 'get it now'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Whipple
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beggar is amazing with gardens! You gain 3 cards and it all but assures you of being able to buy a gardens when you play it. The 3 cards gained are great at mitigating the effects of greening (buying lots of gardens) on your buying power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martín Borda
Argentina
San Nicolás de los Arroyos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
San Nicolás de los Arroyos, Bs.As., AR
badge
San Nicolás de los Arroyos, Bs.As., AR
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
Two more leaks. Dame Ann and Begger.

I believe it is Dame Anna. There seems to be the beginning of another A at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.