Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Oh where oh where has my DW gone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all this chatter about High prices, exclusive arrangements, free market fundamentalism I am wondering where the wit battling DW and Rupert Loxton are?

Do they find these arguments too infantile? Are they waiting for them to die down before reigniting?

C'mon boys-show these poor excuse for debaters what a real discussion about economics is about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote infantile
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max bezman
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Quote:
Vote infantile

i agreeyuk
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Vote infantile



Is not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
To be honest Neil, I have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.

Anyway, I assume you're talking about the Carcassone and Shear Panic threads. I managed to plow through the Shear Panic one but I gave up on the Carcassone thread after 20 or so posts.

Infantile does sort of fit.

What can you say to a 10 year old spoiled brat who pisses and moans when he doesn't get to win at Monopoly? Or when he isn't the pitcher on his Little League team and he throws a fit. Or when he grows up and gets a job and isn't automatically promoted to CEO and he retaliates by suing the company.

You don't say anything because acknowledging that level of ignorance and outright stupidy may cause it to spread. Reading those threads made me want Potterama to come back so we could all have a rational argument.

Anyway, I gotta run. I have a meeting with my lawyer. I'm suing Porsche because when the produced the 959 some years back they only made 200 of them, they priced them at $250,000 and you had to be on a reserve list to get one. That's just plain unfair... because I wanted one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was a nursery rhyme reference - oh where, o where has my little dog gone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
To be honest Neil, I have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.


One legged? You should get a job at IHOP laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
Quote:
Or when he isn't the pitcher on his Little League team and he throws a fit.


you mean, pours a glass?


Robin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Quote:
Vote infantile



Is not.


Is too... times infinity.

DWTripp wrote:
Reading those threads made me want Potterama to come back so we could all have a rational argument.


Rational maybe, but he got more panties in a knot than a lost-at-sea sailor picked up by a ship full of lonely women.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
To be honest Neil, I have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.

Anyway, I assume you're talking about the Carcassone and Shear Panic threads. I managed to plow through the Shear Panic one but I gave up on the Carcassone thread after 20 or so posts.

Infantile does sort of fit.

What can you say to a 10 year old spoiled brat who pisses and moans when he doesn't get to win at Monopoly? Or when he isn't the pitcher on his Little League team and he throws a fit. Or when he grows up and gets a job and isn't automatically promoted to CEO and he retaliates by suing the company.

You don't say anything because acknowledging that level of ignorance and outright stupidy may cause it to spread. Reading those threads made me want Potterama to come back so we could all have a rational argument.

Anyway, I gotta run. I have a meeting with my lawyer. I'm suing Porsche because when the produced the 959 some years back they only made 200 of them, they priced them at $250,000 and you had to be on a reserve list to get one. That's just plain unfair... because I wanted one.


Well this little aussie can sleep well tonight-good to hear from ya.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reedo wrote:
Hey Neil, is the title to this thread a Pearl Jam reference?
Just curious...

if so, well done.

If not, well...still,uh, have a great day.

-Reedo


Well no Jeremy cause that would have been

Oh where oh where can my DW be?

I used the nursery rhyme version

And I did have a great day-I had a bus driver that talked to himself all the way home-between what he was saying and the freaked out passengers I couldn't but not have a good day
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.