Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vlad Taltos
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Questions for the Presidential debates?

I saw this and thought it was a good RSP topic. Please try to answer somewhat seriously, we don’t need to ask "X", why is "he such a tool" in 19 variations. So what question would you ask?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/08/32-crowd...

I liked:
“1) Can you describe legislation which you think would be good for the country if only it could be legally enacted, but which is unconstitutional?”
--- I might add “generally considered” unconstitutional, since as we saw recently interpretations vary.

“24) Voters want bipartisan cooperation. In that spirit, state three bills proposed by a member of the opposition party currently pending in Congress that you will publicly support and/or sign into law if elected.”
--- This would be hard to answer (not sure how much is “pending”, since it seems like a lot is never offer proposed if it doesn’t have a chance under current leadership) But I’d like to see them list bills without changes.

Did not like:
“10) Is it realistic to think that we can kill all of the "terrorists"? If so, how do you plan on doing so? If not, what is your plan?”
--- The answer to the first part is “no”. Unless the second part is “wipe humanity from existence”.

“14) What would you consider to be the flaws of your political ideology?”
--- Nice question, but you wouldn’t get a real answer, just Poli-speak for “our only real fault is that we care too much” . That is how both ideologies dismiss their short comings.

I would ask,
1. When was the last time you told a big lie? Not a “little white lie” like “Your hair looks great”. Tell us the story and the consequences.
---Follow up question: Did ya just lie there? Was that really the last big lie you told?

2. Would you support a Constitutional Amendment to define the differences between people and corporations?

3. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

4. What is the biggest lie you think the majority of the American Public believes? The un-truth or half-truth most central to solving the problems facing the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
I hate crowdsourced questions for political leaders.

The simple truth is that most Americans aren't paying attention, so they won't ask good questions. And the questions they do ask, tend to be softballs.

I really wish the 'Town Hall' format of 'debate' would go away. The only ones I really pay attention to are the ones where a journalist asks the questions.

If you insist, the questions I would ask are:

1). What specific message to you have to the American People and to the Leadership of Iran about their nuclear program?

2). What is America's role in promoting democracy during the Arab Spring revolts, and how is this in America's 'vital interest'?

3). What role should the Federal Government play in managing the economy? Are there any areas which should off limit to government, or off limit to private enterprise?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Why is your opponent such a tool?
2) What can be done to prevent you from doing exactly what your opponent would do in your shoes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
You two are sad.

SAD SAD SAD.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you were a tree, would you rather be tortuously butchered by a logger with a chainsaw, or have metal spike driven through your fleshy underbelly by a smelly unemployed hippie with the intent of maiming and/or killing said logger?

Do you like kitties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.