teasel bonne
msg tools
i see there are several games in the archive section of BSW like clans and cartagena... but the only one i've ever seen played or can start a game of is bohnanza,the other are nowhere to be found which is pretty puzzling... did they got removed from the site? are they an extra feature? what gives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've started a Clans game before from inside the archive. I just click on the game, click an empty room, and join as usual.

I think that some of the games in there were removed -- like Lost Cities when the official versions started to come out. But most of the rest work for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chazar
Germany
Hesse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is still listed in the Archive (unlike Lost Cities, etc.), then you can play it just like any other game.

However, it might be more difficult to find other players: the archive games use their own archive-manager/archive-lobby. It is just a separate page of the normal game manager, but it often sits empty.

It might thus be worthwhile to employ the less-known meeting-tool. You can select up to three games for the meeting tool and as soon as enough other player selected the same game in their meeting-tool, you are teleported into the fitting game room, provided that you were not playing a game at the time.

Again, the meeting tool only works if enough people are using it, but there is no harm in setting it up once for some archive games and let it run it the background. It remembers the games between logins, but you have to activate the meeting tool for each game upon restart (a simple click in the title bar within the meeting tool).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teasel bonne
msg tools
ah yes,yesterday i found the part of the site where the older games are stored

i had no idea there was a separate section for older games,i tought all of them would be lumped together because that seems pretty pointless especialy since some of the archive game like bohnanza and bazar ARE in the main section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Chazar wrote:
It might thus be worthwhile to employ the less-known meeting-tool. You can select up to three games for the meeting tool and as soon as enough other player selected the same game in their meeting-tool, you are teleported into the fitting game room, provided that you were not playing a game at the time.
I wondered how that worked. I couldn't find an explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.