Subject: Newbie Question - Unit/Stack Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I am pretty sure I have confused something here, so bear with me- sometimes silly things trip me up.

9.1 says, "Military units and characters may be moved from Environ to Environ on a planet. The units are considered to be moving via the surface of the planet. Thus, characters are not subject to Detection by the planet's PDB (if Enemy-controlled) and military units so moved may not be attacked by the PDB"

And, 9.52 reads, "If a stack includes any military units, it is moved according to the procedure for moving military units, undergoing attack by Enemy PDBs and taking part in military cbmbat if called for. Such a stack is always considered detected.

So, if I am moving from Environ to Environ on the same planet with stacked military units, is my stack always detected or not? Keep in mind that I am not using a spaceship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. If you're stacked with military units, you're Detected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's always detected, maybe what's tripping you is that movement of both Characters and Military units are described at the same time in the Star System SoP, in the province scenario characters move separate from military units in their own phase so things become clearer (though characters that travel with militarty units MOVE with them). Esssentially this is what happens:

Stack of Characters (with Spaceship): Can move Planet to Planet (subject to detection by PDB), Can move Environ to Environ on same planet (ALSO subject to detection by PDB).

Stack of Characters (NO Spaceship): Can only move Environ to Environ on same planet (NOT subject to detection by PDB).

Any stack including MILITARY UNITS: Always detected regardless. As long as it's not a 1-0 can move planet to planet (subject to attack by PDB), can move environ to environ (NOT subject to attack by PDB).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you. I see why I was confused now.

Would it be advisable to simply start with Uwe Redjac's file comp. found in the files list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wouldn't hurt but there aren't really that many changes, it just mainly incorporates Nick Palmer's fixes so that you don't have to worry about putting them together. I think there are some typos though so watch out. Look at it as a electronic complementary piece for portability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.