Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Martin
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the theory behind this game but I have some questions:

- When do ghost cards come off your board?
- To "Combine" a card with broadcast, do i play it to the left, right, r on the same slot as the card?
- When assimilated, do I stay in the grid until un-assimilated, whereupon I go to the outside of the grid?
- When do I pick up the data? Immediatley on moving to the tile?
- What if I already have 5 cards upon entering the center node to get the data?
- Why does the sample game say the grid is made up of 35 tiles when it clearly is made of 25?
- Can I play a ghost card on top of another ghost card? Or on top of my rotate?
- Why do the rules refer to combining ghost delete and ghost broadcast, despite the delete card saying it can't be combined with broadcast?

I'm sure we had questions I'm forgetting, too.
All things considered I like the theme, but the rules need serious work.

In the state they're in I wouldn't feel bad in the least demanding a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hansen
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hello, I was the developer for this game. I'll answer as best I can.

Deviant wrote:
I like the theory behind this game but I have some questions:

- When do ghost cards come off your board?

They come off your board at several times. If you are Ejected, or use a Restore card for example. You can also replace Ghost cards with other Ghost cards from your hand, thus removing them from the board.

Deviant wrote:

- To "Combine" a card with broadcast, do i play it to the left, right, r on the same slot as the card?

As long as a broadcast card is in effect on your board each turn you may choose to "combine" it with any one other card on your board that allows for combination. It is not played on the card it is used with. All cards on the board are used once per turn so by combining you are using both cards once.

Deviant wrote:

- When assimilated, do I stay in the grid until un-assimilated, whereupon I go to the outside of the grid?

You shouldn't be removed from the board when unassimilated. In an earlier version of the game when the player was assimilated they were removed from the board. If it is still in the manual, and I don't have one in front of me so I can't check, it shouldn't be. I apologize if this still being in the manual. I had thought I removed it. I'll be making sure I correct this in the morning and I'll release an official errata for those who have purchased the game already as soon as I can.

Deviant wrote:

- When do I pick up the data? Immediatley on moving to the tile?
- What if I already have 5 cards upon entering the center node to get the data?

Like any other card you pick it up during the discard and draw phase. You would simply draw the data before drawing any other cards. Since you are allowed to discard a card before you draw, having 5 cards should not be an issue.

Deviant wrote:

- Why does the sample game say the grid is made up of 35 tiles when it clearly is made of 25?

This is probably a Typo. It could also be referring to the the total number of tiles in the game. Either way it needs to be made clear. I'll make sure that gets into an errata.

Deviant wrote:

- Can I play a ghost card on top of another ghost card? Or on top of my rotate?

You can replace a ghost card with another from your hand during the play cards phase. You can't play any ghost cards on the rotate slot. You probably wouldn't want to since it allows you to navigate the board.

Deviant wrote:

- Why do the rules refer to combining ghost delete and ghost broadcast, despite the delete card saying it can't be combined with broadcast?

I didn't realize it did. I'll correct the discrepancy.

Deviant wrote:

I'm sure we had questions I'm forgetting, too.
All things considered I like the theme, but the rules need serious work.

In the state they're in I wouldn't feel bad in the least demanding a refund.

I'm sorry for the confusion with the rules. Please send your other questions my way as you remember them. I'll make the errata, and fix the local files so we can avoid similar issues in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Martin
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Despot9 wrote:

You shouldn't be removed from the board when unassimilated. In an earlier version of the game when the player was assimilated they were removed from the board. If it is still in the manual, and I don't have one in front of me so I can't check, it shouldn't be. I apologize if this still being in the manual. I had thought I removed it. I'll be making sure I correct this in the morning and I'll release an official errata for those who have purchased the game already as soon as I can.

It wasn't clear whether or not the player was removed from the board upon being assimilated. Am I correct in understanding that when assimilated, all you can do is discard/draw until you obtain the necessary 'doubled' cards to open a space on your board?

But with no spots on your board to play into, how would you use the necessary 'delete' or 'decrypt' or whatever cards to clear the spot? The rules just say you 'use' the card, and it's not clear if they're used the same way as any card, or used in some special 'one shot' method to open a spot on your board.

Then, once you have un-assimilated by clearing that space, you restart at the outer edge of the grid?

Quote:

. Once un-Assimilated, place
their Ghost Agent at the start position outside the
Grid (right-hand corner on their side of the Grid)

OH! Another question, related to the above: Can two players occupy the same tile? This is relevant for obvious reasons, but also because of the timing of 'restarting' when assimilated. I.e. do I sit on the board and continue to occupy/block a tile while assimilated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deviant wrote:
Despot9 wrote:

It wasn't clear whether or not the player was removed from the board upon being assimilated. Am I correct in understanding that when assimilated, all you can do is discard/draw until you obtain the necessary 'doubled' cards to open a space on your board?

This is correct. Assimilation is nasty and you want to avoid it. Note that if you are assimilated with a delay card, it just takes 2 turns for the delay to disappear, and then you automatically become unassimilated (I don't know if this is in the rules or not).

Deviant wrote:
But with no spots on your board to play into, how would you use the necessary 'delete' or 'decrypt' or whatever cards to clear the spot? The rules just say you 'use' the card, and it's not clear if they're used the same way as any card, or used in some special 'one shot' method to open a spot on your board.

Then, once you have un-assimilated by clearing that space, you restart at the outer edge of the grid?

Quote:

. Once un-Assimilated, place
their Ghost Agent at the start position outside the
Grid (right-hand corner on their side of the Grid)

You would remove them as normal. You just need 2 of a card to remove them from the board. Normally you don't put a decrypt/delete into a spot on the board, you just play them from your hand and remove the virus card from your board. I'm not sure why you're concerned about blank spaces to play them. This is never required (at least not for the ones that remove black cards).

As Nathan mentioned, you should not be removed from the board while assimilated.

Deviant wrote:
OH! Another question, related to the above: Can two players occupy the same tile? This is relevant for obvious reasons, but also because of the timing of 'restarting' when assimilated. I.e. do I sit on the board and continue to occupy/block a tile while assimilated?

No, this was supposed to have been clarified in the rules (I had the same question). No 2 players can ever be on the same tile, whether or not assimilated, and no tile containing another player can be rotated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hansen
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Deviant wrote:
Despot9 wrote:

You are also able to play cards. You essentially lose the Perform Actions [7.0] phase while assimilated.

Deviant wrote:

Delete and Decrypt don't stay in play. They are only used to remove Virus cards. I'll clarify this in the manual.

Deviant wrote:

You should NOT be removed from the grid. This is in the process of being fixed in the manual. I'll be posting an updated version for download on the website later, after triple checking it. I'd like to send a copy to you as well before posting it if you don't mind.

Deviant wrote:

No, players can not occupy the same space. This is covered under rule [7.2] Move Ghost Agent. It states; "If you've not been Assimilated(see 10.0), you may move your Ghost Agent from its current tile to any unoccupied adjacent, connected tile. A tile is connected if both tiles have a pipeline pointed towards each other."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hansen
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:

This is correct. Assimilation is nasty and you want to avoid it. Note that if you are assimilated with a delay card, it just takes 2 turns for the delay to disappear, and then you automatically become unassimilated (I don't know if this is in the rules or not).

Not technically true. The player can not be assimilated with a delay due to timing. Assimilation only happens if a player finishes their Play Card Phase and still has a board full of Virus Cards. Since if they are unable to play a Delete card at the beginning of their turn they simply remove the Delay card and don't take their turn, they can't actually finish the Play Card Phase with a full Virus board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Martin
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

You would remove them as normal. You just need 2 of a card to remove them from the board. Normally you don't put a decrypt/delete into a spot on the board, you just play them from your hand and remove the virus card from your board. I'm not sure why you're concerned about blank spaces to play them. This is never required (at least not for the ones that remove black cards).

Ok, I think the source of the confusion was that some cards as you describe are just played from your hand to remove a virus such as decrypt/delete, whereas other cards go onto your tableau and remain there. However, this distinction isn't made clear anywhere. The cards just say "Use this card to blah blah blah."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despot9 wrote:
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:

Not technically true. The player can not be assimilated with a delay due to timing. Assimilation only happens if a player finishes their Play Card Phase and still has a board full of Virus Cards. Since if they are unable to play a Delete card at the beginning of their turn they simply remove the Delay card and don't take their turn, they can't actually finish the Play Card Phase with a full Virus board.

Aargh! You're right...I forgot this change was made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hussey
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deviant,

I struggled with this also. My understanding is the only Ghost cards that go in your command row are Operate, Search, and Broadcast. And yes, the printed rules say that all Ghost cards go in your command row, so some confusion is in order.

Also, I kinda wish there were more command row possibilities, but the game probably plays fine with just the three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.