Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Gilmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Keep storage system has went live on kickstarter, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286842883/the-keep-any-.... Please check it out and support if you can.
Billy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks awesome.

If I get a promotion or raise at work sometime in the next month and a half, I so want one of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$750,000 goal seems like a pretty big number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was already posted a couple of days ago or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks cool for the compulsive collector, but I agree with rob, the $750,000 is massive. Good luck to the creator, I say!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ElKitch Tasso
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also dont see how this system would keep games with many different tokens, armies etc apart. There are two little drawers where everything should get stuffed in? They show 3 coins lying in there, but many boardgames have many coins/tokens/meeples/thingies. Should they all be stuffed together in 2 little drawers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ElKitch Tasso
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they wouldve wished they did the project for 100k. That be massive as well.. but reachable. If that covers their expenses...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElKitch wrote:
I think they wouldve wished they did the project for 100k. That be massive as well.. but reachable. If that covers their expenses...

Well, if you look at the cost breakdown, it really wouldn't have worked, no.

I also like the idea of this thing, but, as a the broken record I must sound like now, international shipping being both undefined and "we'll pass along that charge to you" is hugely prohibitive. $200 item + ~$50 + likely customs hit? Yeouch ...

It's too bad, because I think many of us would like to see it succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
Is this project for real?

It looks horrible. It's just a wood mockup with a crappy cg picture.

The goal is INSANE! 750k?

The price is INSANE! $200?

Look at what you can get for $30 at Home Depot...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/841735/husky-22-inch-cantile...

It's stuff like this why I have never backed kickstarter. Now for kickstarter done right check this out. I am really tempted to toss in some cash. Notice their goal was was only 30k...notice who they are...notice that they are pros and you know this stuff is real...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniat...

Glad you posted the Home Depot thing. When I saw this Kickstarter and the price, I just shook my head. My wife has these same exact customizable cases for her scrapbooking stuff, and they cost about 50-75 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
Now for kickstarter done right check this out. I am really tempted to toss in some cash. Notice their goal was was only 30k...notice who they are...notice that they are pros and you know this stuff is real...(OMG...the latest stretch goal...these guys will crack 1 million easy)

I find complaining about the OP's linked project and yet boasting about a KS project with plastic miniatures sweetly ironic. If anything has ever been overpriced in gaming, it's miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like an awesome storage solution. If it weren't for it being haunted by Satan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's trying to raise $750,000 and won't post on bgg himself. Maybe he should work on his publicity skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B'Cup x
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
matthean wrote:
D6Frog wrote:
Now for kickstarter done right check this out. I am really tempted to toss in some cash. Notice their goal was was only 30k...notice who they are...notice that they are pros and you know this stuff is real...(OMG...the latest stretch goal...these guys will crack 1 million easy)

I find complaining about the OP's linked project and yet boasting about a KS project with plastic miniatures sweetly ironic. If anything has ever been overpriced in gaming, it's miniatures.

whilst that may usually be the case, the reaper kickstarter is anything but overpriced x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, what about the weight? an average game with lots of boards and cards is easily 3-4 pounds (not counting the box), so with 6 of them you're looking at 20-25 pounds before you consider the weight of the Keep, which looks to be another 2-3 pounds.

That's not very easy to lug around especially given the size...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.