Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Hessler
United States
Oregon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure I got this figured out.

O.K. I got Wolf Rider as a shadow card so now it's attacking me. Fine. Can I now play A Light in the Dark to send the Wolf Rider into the staging area?

I think I can but I'm not certain about this. It seems to me (thematically) that this is like a surprise attack. But then again maybe my heroes can make a surprise defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Gray
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going by the Turn Sequence you get an action after Shadow Cards are dealt so you should be able to play an event when he gets his Shadow. This would return the Wolf Rider to the Staging area but the card says "after combat return to the top of the deck" so while you can defend I think he would end up back on top of the deck after passing through the staging area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spacetime wrote:
O.K. I got Wolf Rider as a shadow card so now it's attacking me. Fine. Can I now play A Light in the Dark to send the Wolf Rider into the staging area?

Yes, absolutely. Each attack has its own set of action windows which open and close after each step (after attack is launched, after defender declared, after shadow card is resolved, after the attack is resolved) so these give you plenty of opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Bossu wrote:
This would return the Wolf Rider to the Staging area but the card says "after combat return to the top of the deck" so while you can defend I think he would end up back on top of the deck after passing through the staging area.

I think I agree. The shadow effect carries through the entire combat phase by necessity ... and then it resolves. There's no requisite that Wolf Rider still be engaged for the effect to resolve. The card in the staging area is still in play, so the effect hasn't been de-activated by being sent out of play. I think it still holds, and therefore is placed back on the top of the encounter deck at the end of the combat phase, ready to Surge you next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't really make much of a difference, though, whether it stays around or goes back to the deck to come out again with surge.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, but it might if you're doing encounter deck manipulation effects like Denethor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, fair enough.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hessler
United States
Oregon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice guys it's nice to know that I was playing this correctly.

Oh and yes I do have Denethor ready to send that Wolf Rider to the bottom of the encounter deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.