2 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » General

Subject: 1st edition and expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin S
msg tools
Hello all!

I have a few hopefully simple questions about Descent 1st edition and the expansions. I recently bought a copy of the base game and well of darkness. I have played as the heroes before, but will be playing as overlord as I introduce friends to the game for the first time.

I've read in well of darkness that some cards are to replace cards in the base game deck due to changes. My understanding is that the old cards are set aside and the new cards are permanently a part of the base game deck, is this correct?

Futhermore, if I am just playing the base game quests can I/do I incorporate the new skills/treasures/abilities/overlord cards into the base game? If so do I disregard treachery or incorporate this as well? This also leads to the question, can the new monsters be used when playing base game quests?

And finally, can the heroes from well of darkness be used when playing just the base game as well?

Thank you much for helping a newbie overlord!

-schmidty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmidty2007 wrote:
Hello all!

I have a few hopefully simple questions about Descent 1st edition and the expansions. I recently bought a copy of the base game and well of darkness. I have played as the heroes before, but will be playing as overlord as I introduce friends to the game for the first time.

I've read in well of darkness that some cards are to replace cards in the base game deck due to changes. My understanding is that the old cards are set aside and the new cards are permanently a part of the base game deck, is this correct?

For the cards that are specifically replacement cards, yes.

Quote:
Futhermore, if I am just playing the base game quests can I/do I incorporate the new skills/treasures/abilities/overlord cards into the base game? If so do I disregard treachery or incorporate this as well? This also leads to the question, can the new monsters be used when playing base game quests?

And finally, can the heroes from well of darkness be used when playing just the base game as well?

Thank you much for helping a newbie overlord!

-schmidty

Yes, just through everything in if you throw anything in. I fidn the game more fun with more stuff, though for some people it just adds to the new stuff to learn.
There is a guide somewhere in the WoD books for using treachery in the base game quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.