Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up the Gamer's deck and am wondering if people who have this use it regularly with their base decks or play it standalone on occassion to mix things up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just mix the whole thing up personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yann Gomez
Canada
flag msg tools
It would have been nice if they hadn't changed the card backs for this deck. It would have been more convenient for mixing it in with EIK as that's the best way to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Evans
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
www.evanswhanau.co.nz
badge
...um, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
OlorinsCousin wrote:
It would have been nice if they hadn't changed the card backs for this deck. It would have been more convenient for mixing it in with EIK as that's the best way to use it.

Absolutely! My main gripe with the gamers deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my set, I keep the EIK-Deck, G-Deck, WC-Deck, NL-Deck, O-Deck, and Cz-Deck all seperate. I like to deal everyone a healthy dose of each deck whenever possible to give them prime opportunity to mix and match for effect. Playing "FotM" adds even more cards. When the Ugoi play over at JimmyO's place, he already has the G-Deck and O-Deck shuffled together, so there's no guarantee of what sort of distribution you might get. Either way, we never bother with a passing draft; it's always a deal-X, pare 'em down to seven routine for us.

The truth is, of course, that certain cards tend to be selected over others, and used accordingly. The law of diminishing returns pretty much dictates that you shouldn't deal too many cards to the players in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I like the idea of shuffling out cards from the deck separately and let everyone decide what they want to keep. I think I'll give that a try with the E & Gamer deck tonight! Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
We just hand one player the entire E deck, one the entire I deck, and so on (there are enough decks now to cover even a 5p game). Then we each just make the best hand we can from those cards.

No, wait. We don't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
What an interesting idea....cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
MisterG wrote:
What an interesting idea....cool
More interesting with a session report... coolcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OlorinsCousin wrote:

Yeah, that was just a boneheaded mistake. And not only did they change the back, but the changed the color scheme so that the G deck improvements are similar in color to the Occupations, so we constantly end up with this in the wrong deck.

Thankfully, they seem to have figured out this was a mistake, and not repeated it with later sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
Iceland
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwitchBot wrote:
OlorinsCousin wrote:

Yeah, that was just a boneheaded mistake. And not only did they change the back, but the changed the color scheme so that the G deck improvements are similar in color to the Occupations, so we constantly end up with this in the wrong deck.

Thankfully, they seem to have figured out this was a mistake, and not repeated it with later sets.

Now if only they'll fix it when the time comes for a G-Deck reprint...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.