Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: i feel like i missed something in the rules, the games too easy. (edit: i did!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
I guess there's more to starting a game company than just having a name... :(
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played two scenerios tonight. 01 with 5 players. 02 with 6. Things started to get a little interesting at the end of the first game but the second was such a cakewalk no ones sure if they want to play again.
It feels like I missed something in the rules...
No zombies start on the board right?
You can fire weapons mutilple times in a turn by spending more actions? and they never run out of ammo?
Zombies go once all survivors have gone right? Not after each survivor?
Maybe we're just on a streak but it seems really easy to kill the zombies.
In the six player game no one got close to leveling up, which was when things got interesting in the first game.
Do zombies move through walls? Do they spawn in buildings? Second scenerio is just really easy to stay in the building and run to the exit was once cross the street.
I really hope I'm missing something in rules.... Please bring the zombie pain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: i feel like i missed something in the rules, the games too easy.
I believe you were correct in the specific rules cases you talked about, but I found scenario 1 to be quite difficult. Did you spawn zombies in each room of any buildings you opened?

edit - read page 8: Opening a Door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
AbeLincoln wrote:
Do they spawn in buildings?

Every time you open a door you spawn zombies in the now accessible room. I hope you didn't forget that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just the now accessible room, but every room in the building.

Rulebook, page 8 wrote:
Opening the first door of a building reveals all Zombies which are inside. Point on each Zone of the building, one after the other, drawing Zombie card each time. Place the corresponding number of Zombies on the correct Zone (see Zombie's turn).

Also keep in mind that drawing a "manhole" card while populating a building means the zombies spwan outside.

Rulebook, page 11 wrote:
When you draw a "manhole" card, no Zombie appears on the designated Zone.
Instead place the indicated number and type of Zombies in every Zone where a manhole is indicated on the map, on every tile where at least a Survivor stands. Manhole invasions never happen on tiles devoid of Survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like you've missed something, too. The game,at least most scenarios, definetly isn't easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You definitely missed the zombies spawning in rooms rule and yes, some guns run out of ammo; the shotguns can only be fired once a turn unless you use an action to reload.

Also remember a survivor can only search once a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And only search inside buildings or cars ^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Manlove
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bewulf wrote:

Also keep in mind that drawing a "manhole" card while populating a building means the zombies spwan outside.

Rulebook, page 11 wrote:
When you draw a "manhole" card, no Zombie appears on the designated Zone.
Instead place the indicated number and type of Zombies in every Zone where a manhole is indicated on the map, on every tile where at least a Survivor stands. Manhole invasions never happen on tiles devoid of Survivors.

Wait, do you populate manholes when you are drawing cards for rooms, or only for when you are doing spawn points? So far I have been just going on to the next card and shuffling the manhole card back into the draw deck because I am populating the rooms, not have a regular zombie turn where they appear out on the streets. I figured the rulebook talking about the designated zone meant the zombie spawn zone.

Of course, I can see it making sense to say that while you are opening the door, zombies pop up behind you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, manhole cards spawn zombies anytime they are drawn.

Other possibe rules missed that could lead to an easy game are:
Taking an objective counts as 5 zombie kills.
Zombies spawn based on the experience color of the survivor at the highest level.
Proper targeting rules for ranged weapons and cars
Fatties can only be killed by weapons that do 2 or more points of damage.
Abomination can only be killed by malotov cocktail
Runners get two actions and move two zones

The bottom line is if you think this game is easy you definitely missed something in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
I guess there's more to starting a game company than just having a name... :(
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Yeah, I totally missed the spawning of the zombies inside the buildings. I think we had everything else right, but that was a big thing to miss .

Thanks for the fast replies, its going to be a whole new game now. I can't wait to try it again for the first time. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you draw a zombie alert card, you do exactly what it says, no matter if you're drawing it in the zombie phase or when spawning a building. Manhole card = zombies in manholes, reactivation card = reactivate that zombie type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ferrer
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbbnbsmith wrote:
Yes, manhole cards spawn zombies anytime they are drawn.

Other possibe rules missed that could lead to an easy game are:
Taking an objective counts as 5 zombie kills.
Zombies spawn based on the experience color of the survivor at the highest level.
Proper targeting rules for ranged weapons and cars
Fatties can only be killed by weapons that do 2 or more points of damage.
Abomination can only be killed by malotov cocktail
Runners get two actions and move two zones

The bottom line is if you think this game is easy you definitely missed something in the rules.
El Cholo can also kill Abominations with a machete at the red level. So far only molotovs and he can kill Abominations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyjoejoeshabadoo wrote:
El Cholo can also kill Abominations with a machete at the red level. So far only molotovs and he can kill Abominations.
thumbsup Of course, so far in my games he hasn't lived long enough to do that!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I also forgot to spawn zombies in buildings in my first game a couple nights ago - it seemed way too easy and I went back through the rules and found my error.

And I rather LIKE getting Manhole cards when populating a building - it means there's a room with no zombies in it, and the manhole spawns are usually not too bad (at lower alert levels, anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For my first game, I went solo with Scenario 7, where you have to enter the two huge buildings and destroy the zombie spawn zones to win. Wanda was on my team, so after someone opened a building, she used her skating to quickly enter it and destroy spawn point #1 on turn 1 before any zeds could spawn. I kept wracking my brain why the game was so damn easy--less than 1 turn in, and I was halfway to the win! I ended up clearing spawn point #2 on turn 3 or 4. And then it hit me... I had forgotten the room spawns when you open doors. So I just hit reset, and suddenly opening that 1st door, even on Blue, spawned about 15 zombies that quickly started splitting off into even more zombies because sometimes there were 2-3 equidistant routes to the nearest loud noise. Now THAT was a lot more interesting and fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that the 2nd scenario in the base game a little too easy myself. If you only open the door to the building in the middle of the map (the one across from the Red X) then it seems like there is never enough zombies to really endanger you party. Unless you roll terrible which it could happen. But my game it didn't because there were more than enought survivors to take out any immediate threats.

I also played the scenario where you have to get one survivor to the Dark Red danger level. We basically just got in cars on both sides of the street and just run them over until we got enough kills. It felt like it was going against the spirit of the game but my friends said that opening the building weren't worth the time or risk.

I did find the first scenario challenging because it forced you to open almost all the doors to collect the objectives.

I believe I am following all the rules. All of the ones mentioned above. It just seems like you can avoid losing just by playing it safe. (Which is lame imo).

I still really like the game. I love playing it solo. I like to play recklessly. My friends...not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.