The Lord of the Rings: Strategy Battle Game» Forums » General

Subject: Where to Play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lukas Desjardins
United Arab Emirates
Florida
flag msg tools
I really want to start playing this game. I've gone through the starting scenarios in the Mines of Moria book and want to build my army. The only problem is that I wont have anybody to play against. I have a games workshop about 10 minutes away from my house. Should I stop over there and ask around to see if anybody wants to do pick up games?

My current army plan is Riders of Rohan + Rangers of Middle Earth + Aragorn + Gandalf. Can I get by with a few games from that?

I'm starting in a new school next week, and won't know anybody. I'm hoping maybe I'll find someone interested in playing this game. Do you have any tips for getting people interested?

I also plan on possibly starting the game Battleground: Fantasy Warfare. Is that popular in gaming stores? I've only been to one store twice and the only gaming I saw was Magic and Warhammer 40k.

I would play Warhammer 40k, but I find it to be too expensive. LOTR: SBG is much cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.