Subject: More questions arose ^^ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, after playing for a while more more questions arose.

1.- Monster special action(like heal) , which are not considered an attack can be done twice or do it once and make an attack action , right?

2.- After the first encounter before going to the second one in that same quest, must the OL gather his discard pile into his draw deck? We know he keeps his hand.

3.- A hero which attacks a Stealthy figue in melee range must still roll 3 range to "reach "him?

4.- The lieutenants can not make 2 combat actions as they are considered monsters right?

5.- Killing the reanimated doesn't count as hero for the purpose of drawing a new OL card right?

6.- The purpose of carrying two weapons with a hero it's just to pick one of those before rolling the dice, right?

I think that's all for now!
Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Monsters can do any action twice as long as it's not an attack action. Or move if it's a zombie.

2. The OL only shuffles his discard pile to make a new deck if he has no more cards in his deck or between quests. He doesn't do it between encounters during a quest.

3. I've not encountered this keyword myself yet so I can't answer this.

4. Correct, lieutenants can only preform one attack action per turn like other monsters.

5. No, the familiars are not considered heroes.

6. If you have two one-handed weapons equipped at once you have a to choose one to use for each attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!.

And about Stealthy:

Stealthy: Each attack that targets this monster must roll 3 additional range beyond the normally required amount or the attack is a miss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain BONNEAU
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For "stealthy" issue, you should read this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837051/verifying-stealthy-mo...

(tldr? => no one knows for sure, we must wait for the FAQ)

--
Buggy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bvggy wrote:
For "stealthy" issue, you should read this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837051/verifying-stealthy-mo...

(tldr? => no one knows for sure, we must wait for the FAQ)

--
Buggy

Hehe =) thank you^^, I think we'll rule that even melee need those extra 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:
5.- The purpose of carrying two weapons with a hero it's just to pick one of those before rolling the dice, right?

Everyone answered the questions nicely (except for the controversial Stealth) though this one could use some elaboration.

There is nothing in the base set of rules that really gives an advantage for two weapons. However, there is a 2XP Berserker skill called Weapon Mastery that uses 2 weapons (or a 2 handed weapon). There is also a Hero from the Conversion Kit called Eliam that if he attacks while holding two weapons and doesn't miss, he deals 1 damage to a different adjacent monster.

There might be other 2 Weapon usages out there, but I can't remember them off hand.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

There might be other 2 Weapon usages out there, but I can't remember them off hand.
-shnar

was that intentional? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

was that intentional? laugh

No pun intended

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Krulz wrote:
5.- The purpose of carrying two weapons with a hero it's just to pick one of those before rolling the dice, right?

Everyone answered the questions nicely (except for the controversial Stealth) though this one could use some elaboration.

There is nothing in the base set of rules that really gives an advantage for two weapons. However, there is a 2XP Berserker skill called Weapon Mastery that uses 2 weapons (or a 2 handed weapon). There is also a Hero from the Conversion Kit called Eliam that if he attacks while holding two weapons and doesn't miss, he deals 1 damage to a different adjacent monster.

-shnar

One melee weapon and a 1-handed ranged weapon is also a reasonable combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just was wondering if I miss some rule about carrying 2 weapons =), but as you say it's a nice combo, I guess the questions was a reminiscent of the first edition =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.