Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quickie:

Does his card text affect only your enemies, or does the strength prohibition apply to your other attacking characters as well?

Logic dictates that the first interpretation is correct, but doesn't intimidate effect all characters, regardless of side? Wouldn't this be the same?

Incidentally, is that intimidate ruling officially commented on anywhere? It seems to be readily accepted, but I've not found it in the FAQ yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm King
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
http://waboardgamers.org.au/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It affects every participating character including your own, otherwise it would state "opponent's participating characters".

I'm not sure concerning your question about Intimidate but the golden rule is take the cards as they are read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't find Intimidate clarification in the FAQ as it works exactly as stated in the core rules:

From Page 21:

"Intimidate
While a character with the “Intimidate” keyword is attacking, characters with a lower STR than that character do not count their STR for that challenge."

A good rule of thumb for AGoT is to throw common sense out the window and play cards exactly as they are read. In your above example it doesn't specify who's characters are affected therefore all characters are affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfunk37 wrote:
You won't find Intimidate clarification in the FAQ as it works exactly as stated in the core rules:

From Page 21:

"Intimidate
While a character with the “Intimidate” keyword is attacking, characters with a lower STR than that character do not count their STR for that challenge."

Ok, no worries. I figured it would have filtered in there due to the counter intuitive nature of it all (even the Full Tilt guys missed that it applied to all character until somebody pointed it out in their comments). 'Course, I suspect a load of Greyjoy characters would carry that keyword, so it probably wouldn't "backfire" as strongly as I'm imagining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely is counterintuitive (Welcome to AGoT ) and I didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me but that's where my above statement becomes important, read the cards and do exactly what they say. It does get tough though.

Another confusing example is when faced with the text "Choose to do X or Y" . All you have to do is choose, even if you cannot fulfill the effect of your choice. This has recently been changed for two cards (Shield Island Dromon and Sorrowful Man) to make you have to pick an effect you can fulfill but other cards such as Theon Greyjoy and Penny still allow you to make choices you cannot fulfill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.