Dungeon Run» Forums » Variants

Subject: Alternative endgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Axeelf Lombardin
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heroes are a group of adventures that have agreed to rid the world of the terrible summoning stone artifact. Of course they all have reasons to keep the stone for themselves. Will they betray their friends to get hold of the unfathomable power, or will they "do the right ting"?

When a hero get the summoning stone for the first time he/she may choose to destroy this dangerous artifact at once by throwing it to the dungeon floor, smashing it to smithereens. This will summon monsters to all tiles that would normally have a chance for monster encounters when first drawn, and do not already contain a monster. Draw encounters from the encounter deck, discard eventual traps and strangers, and place monsters on the tiles mentioned. The heroes now have to get to the start tile alive (defeated heroes are killed as in normal endgame). Survivors are winners. The players may cooperate to survive, or they may seek revenge for any former insult or the summoning stone being destroyed.

If a player choose not to destroy the summoning stone at once, proceed as in normal rules. The player may not choose to destroy the summoning stone at a later point in time, as it´s power is too alluring.

Edit, rules update: In games using these rules, the dungeon boss will not roam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if I understand this right, it's a matter of deciding if you want to take a chance at being the sole winner or battle through the hoards and possibly share the glory with your fellow adventurers.

That could lead to some interesting aliances. Devious! I like it!

One question, though: If I take the Summoning Stone from another player, can I still destroy it? Or is that option only available when it's taken from the Boss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axeelf Lombardin
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can. The idea is that the heroes have the chance to destroy the stone the first time they lay their hands on it. So if a "traitor" hero is killed, another player have the chance to destroy the artefact, or keep it for himself of course.

I think this homebrew variant can give som interesting gameplay devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jersey Smorth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it! May have to try this out next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axeelf Lombardin
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried this variant today with some friends, and it worked out quite nice. Addolgar Vayne first got the stone, and chose to keep it. Me playing Stabbins stole it from him with Pick pocket, and broke it. Addolgar decided to turn back to the "good side" after the stone was broken, and we all fought/escaped our way out.
If there was one drawback, it would be that it was a bit too easy to get back after the stone was broken, but this could also be because the boss battle happened to be quite near the start tile.

I´d be pleased if others playing this variant would post their experiences

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.