D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in playing some games in Miyagi, shoot me a reply. I am part of a small but enthusiastic gaming group. We welcome new players and are open to new games.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whereabouts in Miyagi do you gather? I live in northern Yamagata to your west and have a car. Closer than Tokyo!! How often do you meet up and what do you play? I have a lot of games but few people to play them with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play in Sendai.

We have a fair number of games on hand and lots of peeps to play. But we are always up for new games and new players. Here is a list of some games that we have or had:

Agricola
Puerto Rico
Ora et Labora (new to the group)
Last Night on Earth
Ghost Stories
7 Wonders
Bohnanza
Battle Star Galactica (gone)
Game of Thrones (new to the group)
Bang
Through the Ages (new to the group)

We have more but those are the games that jump out at me...
Get in touch with me and I can give you more details!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have added...

Mage Knight
Eclipse
Dominion
Power Grid
BSG (back)
Dixit
Race For the Galaxy
Rex
...and some others.

More on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Japan
tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you guys are meeting for games on the 28th?
I ll be in Matsushima for a business trip and would be keen to play some games on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will send out an email to some peeps (could you send me your email via pm). Any game in particular you are interested in playing? Look forward to seeing ya.

I wonder if Doug is interested in playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Japan
tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ve played most of the games in your lists and would play them again anytime.
I like the following a lot:

Eclipse
Power Grid
Race for the Galaxy
Rex
7 wonders
Puerto Rico ( I am curious to see the aniv edition)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug definite;y interested! Any of the above are great (need to be taught how to play Race for the Galaxy though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Japan
tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for having me over today guys I had a blast playing games with all you Tohoku scum.
I hope I am able to repay for the hospitality when any of you guys are down in Tokyo.
Cheers
Yannis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time, m8. Power Grid was fun. I really enjoy auction/economic games. And it was cool that we had such a close finish. Next time...GAME OF THRONNNEESSSSSSS. I do not sow.

Not sure when my next Tokyo trip will be, but I will certainly let you know. When exactly are you leaving Miyagi again? We might actually be able to get a game in throughout the week. If you are interested let me know and I will see if anybody else wants to play.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also,

Looking over the PG rules I noticed that we made one rather large oversight. Before starting the game itself we should have drafted map sections to form a common play area. There are six colored sections and we should have drafted 5 contiguous sections (thereby blocking one whole section of the map off). No player would have been obliged to play in the specific area he/she drafted, but it does mean that we should have only had 5 areas to play in. So when we used 6 sections our map was too big. The smaller playable map area makes for sharper tactics and would have slowed the pace of the game (and end game trigger).

Already looking forward to the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Japan
tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You always miss something with in first games. Regardless, we practically used only 5 areas throughout the game. It was only till last round that we moved into the last region I think, so it didn't really have that big effect. Probably next game that people know the mechanics it's more important.

As for this week, Wensday afternoon could work for me. Not sure yet about exact time, but 5 ish sounds feasible. I will still have to take one of the last trains back home, around 9:30. So I should have about 4-5 hours for a game or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, after talking with Doug we both agree that we missed more than few rules/bungled some (I think the map size did have an effect because it would have created a ripple effect when the players in those areas built elsewhere). But the even bigger miss was my fault...players do not buy city spaces one at a time, but rather, in appropriate turn order, each player buys all they want and then passes to the next player. My bad! Nonetheless it was indeed a fun game and good learning experience. Only gonna get better, too.

I do not think Wednesday is looking good. My Tuesday is a little better. Sorry dude. But I will certainly give you a shout when I head to Tokyo. Please let me know if you come back this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Japan
tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I noticed that too today when I was checking the FAQs. Prety bored at the meeting you see.

PS money is hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The money issue is not so clear-cut because it is also public knowledge at the point of sale/income (which is not hidden). So, it is very possible to track it all with say... a pen and paper. I feel like the next question becomes... How does the game group want to deal with tracking limitations? A house rule banning certain kinds of tracking is one way. A house rule making money open is another. It seems each group makes their own call based on what is best for that group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hei there,

I will visit Sendai in March for two weeks, and I was wondering when and where do your meetings take place, and if they are still going on. I will be glad to bring with me several games

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.