Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To make the auctions more stressful and test your memory, you can hide the numbers marked on the buildings in front of the players: you just need to lay down the buildings so that each player can only see their own numbers. Thus, you always know how many buildings and which sizes are left for each player but you do not know the values.

This simple variant prevents the players from doing the auctions according to the remaining numbers in front of their opponents…

http://www.ystari.com/wpe/?p=162
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
dexdouglas wrote:
This simple variant prevents the players from doing the auctions according to the remaining numbers in front of their opponents

Or to put it another way, this simple variant prevents the players from playing well... unless they have a good memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
dexdouglas wrote:
This simple variant prevents the players from doing the auctions according to the remaining numbers in front of their opponents

Or to put it another way, this simple variant prevents the players from playing well... unless they have a good memory.

Yeah I don't really see the point of this. I think this will clog the game up more than it would streamline it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bone
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I thought this was the only way to do it. I've always played this way, and it's great. People usually remember when people drop their 12 and 13, sometimes their 11 and 10, but beyond that I've found nobody really remembers. It adds a level of tension, since you're not sure if a player passed because they can't beat you or they just don't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.