Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw that this existed and immediately ordered it. Lupin 3 is the only Lupin I've seen, but man, that movie is a masterpiece!

This is where Miyazaki's adventure chops were at their highest - most of his later movies just took the adventure formula from this one and mixed it with environmentalist ideology... with varying results. My other favourite film is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and I'm almost sure that it took some serious inspiration from Lupin - just watch the two back to back to see what I mean.

I've long thought that it was the perfect movie to turn into an adventure game, and lo and behold - such a thing exists!

Anyway, I hope this game is good. I foresee a mixed movie and board-game night in the very near future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Rasmussen
United States
Bennington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Cowboy Bebop
badge
I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive. I have to do it, Faye.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is a good game that captures the feeling of the movie and tv episodes fairly well.
The rules are a little dodgy, but if you play it as a fun romp instead of a serious strategy game you will enjoy it greatly.
There is a problem with player screens in some boxes. I uploaded the correct Zenagata screen to print out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. BTW, as long as I'm on the 'praising Lupin' wavelength, your avatar reminded me of Cowboy Bebop - that's another modern classic that I doubt would have been possible without Lupin's influence. Just think of the two main characters in each of the series... not to mention the jazz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spike's character design is certainly influenced by Lupin III.

This is one of those games that I need in my collection at some point, if just for the mini-figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.