Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (second edition) – Conversion Kit» Forums » General

Subject: DungeonQuest Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Mondaro
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own everything but Sea of Blood from 1st edition and just got all my 2nd edition stuff.

Is it worth buying Dungeon Quest from an online retailer between $30 and $40 to use the minis with the new 2nd ed. cards, or should I just proxy the figures with some D&D or Pathfinder minis?

On that topic, anyone have suggestions on good proxies for the 6 DungeonQuest heroes and 4 Promos in lieu of having the actual minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is worthy buying Dungeon Quest to enjoy a fun, fast and furious dungeon crawl and incidently provide heroes cards and mini for runebound, descent and runewars.

Paying 30-40$ just for 6 plastic mini that unpainted wont very much differ from all the others you already had would never be a worth buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For proxies, if you play fantasy roleplaying games or fantasy boardgames that could use miniatures, Reaper Miniatures is holding a Kickstarter that ends August 25th. We're talking about how to use the miniatures as proxies in D2E. Their $100 pledge level will net you 130+ high quality miniatures.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/837746/reaper-bones-mini...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
IKerensky wrote:
It is worthy buying Dungeon Quest to enjoy a fun, fast and furious dungeon crawl and incidently provide heroes cards and mini for runebound, descent and runewars.

Paying 30-40$ just for 6 plastic mini that unpainted wont very much differ from all the others you already had would never be a worth buy.

It's not a dungeon crawl. It's a fun slaughter fest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Pushkar
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmb
DungeonQuest is worth buying just for being DungeonQuest. Minis for D2E is a good bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gaston
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soddy wrote:
DungeonQuest is worth buying just for being DungeonQuest. Minis for D2E is a good bonus.

I bought it just for the minis, and the game is an awesome bonus. Also in first edition Hugo is a beast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aris da
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody answered the question about the proxies.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
kovaltio wrote:
nobody answered the question about the proxies.......

Freelance Police answered that question above. I'm not sure what else to add to it, personally, as I don't really have a lot of minis that aren't part of the games themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.