Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Linger
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got the game, looked the rules over, and played a single-player game (multiple characters, but one player). I found I have a few questions...

1. The White die has a symbol on it to activate player powers... but it's white. Not colored. I suppose it'll matter if I roll it into the bullseye, but is there any other thing it does, any other reason for it?
2. The boss doesn't ever hit you, because you have no option to let it; once the hero dice are thrown, you can only roll bonus dice. If you run out of bonus dice, you lose the game. Period. Well, okay, but why does the boss have a damage rating at all, then?
3. At the end of an encounter, you return any white dice used back to the supply (not the treasure chest). Does that mean you get to keep any white dice you didn't use?
4. I noticed that, no matter the difficulty chosen, players always place 14 monster cards in the tower. And after looking the dungeon cards over, I found that the most rooms you can be in is 14. (The least is 10, if you're curious.) But the rules state that at the start of the game, you place your token IN the first room, and the first phase is Movement. So you'll ever have only up to 13 ENCOUNTERS. Am I doing this wrong, or is the 14th card there for some odd reason, or did the game makers just screw up a little?

Thanks,
Xodiac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. After the white die is rolled, if the symbol is showing, the players may then decide what colour the die represents - red, blue and green - and then activate the active player's power accordingly.

2. The boss will hit you IF you miss the board, as is the usual rule. As you say, the damage for buying back the primary attack dice won't apply as you can't buy back when fighting bosses.

3. Yes. Otherwise, you'd have to buy a lot of dice at the last shop! You also gain white dice if you kill a monster without using all of the primary attack dice.

4. We always play that you have an encounter in the first room as that is what was clearly intended by the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompa wrote:
1. After the white die is rolled, if the symbol is showing, the players may then decide what colour the die represents - red, blue and green - and then activate the active player's power accordingly.

I was taught to play this way, but...where is it in the rules? Just can't seem to find it.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
Rompa wrote:

I was taught to play this way, but...where is it in the rules? Just can't seem to find it.
TK

See the box at bottom right of page 6 of rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompa wrote:

See the box at bottom right of page 6 of rulebook

Thanks!

At that spot in the book, my rules have:
"White Bonus Dice. Bonus dice are thrown only once. When removing dice from the target board, players must return white bonus dice to the supply. Thus, it is important that the party buy sufficient bonus dice to use for future encounters."

Does your ruleset have some extra text mine is missing?
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:

Does your ruleset have some extra text mine is missing?
TK

Just checked the PDF of the rules here in the files section. The question IS answered at the bottom of page 6 in that version.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kosak
Croatia
Petrinja
Sisacko moslavacka zupanija
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. This is strange.
Rules here on BGG isn't that version I got with my game and on http://www.craniocreations.com/public/download/Dungeonfighte...
It looks that BGG rules are oldest one.
http://www.heidelbaer.de/documents/Dungeonfighter_Rules_ENG_...
are something newer but stil not the same as mine from game.
So there isn't any online pdf rule I found with this last sentence that sais : "If a bonus sie lands showing the special icon, that player may activate any one of his hero special abilities."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and would appreciate understanding where are the real final rules/FAQ?

The PDF on the site (called "v5") has a few things I read missing (possibly others):

- it says when you fail to defeat a monster that everyone gets hit by the damage value
- it doesn't tell you that the white die matches any color

If anything, I'd like to know what people believe is the better set of rules to play with. Speculating, at least on these two points...
- get hit by the monster damage value (just themes more thematic doesn't it?)
- bonus die, make it match any color you want, you've earned it

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
When you choose to be defeated to get back the three coloured dice then all party members take damagfe according to the monster level i.e. 1 - 4 (look on back of monster card).

Rolling power symbol on white dice means you choose any special ability you still have available to you to activate.

I have current reprint edition so my rules are up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.