Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Dave Mustaine: Obama Staged Aurora, Sikh Temple Shootings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
http://www.billboard.com/news/dave-mustaine-obama-staged-aur...

So I hope to tune in to Fox News and hear the same moral outrage that was visited upon The Dixie Chicks when they had the nerve to insult a sitting President whilst performing overseas.

Billboard wrote:
Nope, nothing to see here… just Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine, a noted birther, adopting a freshly concocted conspiracy claiming President Barack Obama was somehow responsible for recent mass shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin.

"Back in my country, my president is trying to pass a gun ban," Mustaine said at a concert in Singapore last week. "So he's staging all of these murders, like the Fast and Furious thing down at the border and Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there. And now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple."

The accusation, that Obama staged the massacres in order to justify a gun ban, drew a seemingly confused reaction from audience members, as heard in video footage of the episode.

Mustaine continued: "I don't know where I'm gonna live if America keeps going the way it's going because it looks like it's turning into Nazi America."

On July 20, a gunman opened fire on a crowded movie theater in Aurora, Colorado during a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 people and injuring 58 others. The suspect, James Holmes, was arrested on the scene and is being held.Two weeks later, on Aug. 5, a white supremacist named Wade Michael Page walked into the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, in Oak Creek, and killed six people and wounded four others before shooting himself.

The Megadeth rocker, no fan of Obama, made his birther views loud and clear in a March interview with radio host Alex Jones. "With all of the proof about his birth certificate being fake. And you see the signs in Kenya that say 'the birthplace of Barack Obama.' Hello?! C'mon, guys. How stupid are we right now?"

Politics are a favorite topic for Mustaine, who in February praised then-GOP candidates Rick Santorum while casting doubts on eventual nominee Mitt Romney.

"I was floored the other day to see that Mitt Romney's five boys have a $100 million trust fund, he told MusicRadar.com. "Where does a guy make that much money?"
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just leave this here....
Quote:
If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.
-Alice Cooper


And I'm a Megadeath fan
27 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He seems even less informed than Ted Nugent.

Way to lower the bar!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Zeroth
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
'Megadeth' is still together?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave has always been an asshat. He got kicked out of Metallica because he was an asshat. He had a hard time keeping musicians in Megadeth because he is an asshat. Once he got sober, it seemed like his asshattery exponentially blossomed. So much talent, so few brains.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Give a dumbass a microphone and dumb things come out of his mouth. Not a surprise.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Megadeth was a politically oriented band; he's trying to "stay relevant". Unfortunately he has to say absurd things to get noticed. shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
Hmmm.... current check of FoxNews.com

search: "Mustaine"
4 Results,
the last of which is from February about how Dave would like to see Rick Santorum in the White House.

search: "Dixie Chicks"
993 results,
the last 2 being "Dixie Chicks singer sued for defamation" and "Dixie Chicks Cancel Shows Due to Slow Sales"

Hmmm....

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Next thing you know Obama will be intentionally putting guns into the hands of Mexican drug lords in an attempt to get gun control laws increased here in the US. Crazy.


Yes, it is crazy to believe that.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
But the last 2 Dixie Chicks references, being sued for defamantion and slow concert sales, are from 2008 and 2006, respectively.

The Mustaine reference is from Feb of this year.

Not quite sure of your point of the post.


I think he's referring to the way the right-wing media (Fox in particular, and the radio crazies) jumped all over the Dixie Chicks for criticizing then-President Bush. I think he's also implying that it's pretty hypocritical for those same folks who wrote long editorials about how American artists shouldn't be overseas disparaging the name of the President regardless of whether they agree with his politics to ignore a very similar outburst just because it's a Democratic President.

But I know you knew that already, and I took the bait anyway. More fool I.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
rshipley wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Next thing you know Obama will be intentionally putting guns into the hands of Mexican drug lords in an attempt to get gun control laws increased here in the US. Crazy.


Yes, it is crazy to believe that.


CBS news is crazy then.

Quote:
Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation "Fast and Furious" to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.

In Fast and Furious, ATF secretly encouraged gun dealers to sell to suspected traffickers for Mexican drug cartels to go after the "big fish." But ATF whistleblowers told CBS News and Congress it was a dangerous practice called "gunwalking," and it put thousands of weapons on the street. Many were used in violent crimes in Mexico. Two were found at the murder scene of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.


Those crazy, crazy CBSers sure are crazy.


My reading skills must be slipping. I missed the part where they blamed Obama.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Next thing you know Obama will be intentionally putting guns into the hands of Mexican drug lords in an attempt to get gun control laws increased here in the US. Crazy.


Do you have any evidence to support this? Fast and Furious deserves a ton of criticism, but is there anything other than pure speculation behind the idea that the Obama administration did it as part of a plan to create support for anti-gun legislation?

Since long before Obama was elected I've heard from my friends in the gun fringe that Obama was secretly planning to take away their guns. AFAICT, Obama must be really confident of being re-elected because he hasn't initiated this secret plan yet. ninja
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
rshipley wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Next thing you know Obama will be intentionally putting guns into the hands of Mexican drug lords in an attempt to get gun control laws increased here in the US. Crazy.


Yes, it is crazy to believe that.


CBS news is crazy then.


They imply something they haven't proven, but that just sloppy journalism. They didn't come close to saying what you did.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I think he's referring to the way the right-wing media (Fox in particular, and the radio crazies) jumped all over the Dixie Chicks for criticizing then-President Bush. I think he's also implying that it's pretty hypocritical for those same folks who wrote long editorials about how American artists shouldn't be overseas disparaging the name of the President regardless of whether they agree with his politics to ignore a very similar outburst just because it's a Democratic President.

But I know you knew that already, and I took the bait anyway. More fool I.
I wasn't going to feed the trolls, but since you took that bullet, I'll merely add the super-offensive, terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad quote from Natalie Maines that started the 2003 uproar in London:
Natalie Maines wrote:
Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.
... which looks fairly innocuous & harmless next to accusations of public murder.

p.s.
Still nothing on Foxnews.com regarding Dave Mustaine.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I think he's referring to the way the right-wing media (Fox in particular, and the radio crazies) jumped all over the Dixie Chicks for criticizing then-President Bush. I think he's also implying that it's pretty hypocritical for those same folks who wrote long editorials about how American artists shouldn't be overseas disparaging the name of the President regardless of whether they agree with his politics to ignore a very similar outburst just because it's a Democratic President.

But I know you knew that already, and I took the bait anyway. More fool I.
I wasn't going to feed the trolls, but since you took that bullet, I'll merely add the super-offensive, terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad quote from Natalie Maines that started the 2003 uproar in London:
Natalie Maines wrote:
Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.
... which looks fairly innocuous & harmless next to accusations of public murder.

p.s.
Still nothing on Foxnews.com regarding Dave Mustaine.

To be fair to Fox, Dave Mustaine is way, way past the peek of his celeb status and I don't think he was ever as famous as the Dixie Chicks were/are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I think he's referring to the way the right-wing media (Fox in particular, and the radio crazies) jumped all over the Dixie Chicks for criticizing then-President Bush. I think he's also implying that it's pretty hypocritical for those same folks who wrote long editorials about how American artists shouldn't be overseas disparaging the name of the President regardless of whether they agree with his politics to ignore a very similar outburst just because it's a Democratic President.

But I know you knew that already, and I took the bait anyway. More fool I.
I wasn't going to feed the trolls, but since you took that bullet, I'll merely add the super-offensive, terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad quote from Natalie Maines that started the 2003 uproar in London:
Natalie Maines wrote:
Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.
... which looks fairly innocuous & harmless next to accusations of public murder.

p.s.
Still nothing on Foxnews.com regarding Dave Mustaine.

To be fair to Fox, Dave Mustaine is way, way past the peek of his celeb status and I don't think he was ever as famous as the Dixie Chicks were/are.


This is a very valid point. This is also not the first time they've been hypocritical about the "criticizing the President" thing since Obama was elected. Not a huge surprise. I don't even think any of the knee-jerk conservatives here will stoop to defending Fox News since he-who-shall-not-be-named quit RSP. Tripp might, but only to piss people off.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone want to buy a megadeth microbadge? Only slightly used, and a bit dirty.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Next thing you know Obama will be intentionally putting guns into the hands of Mexican drug lords in an attempt to get gun control laws increased here in the US. Crazy.


Do you have any evidence to support this? Fast and Furious deserves a ton of criticism, but is there anything other than pure speculation behind the idea that the Obama administration did it as part of a plan to create support for anti-gun legislation?

Since long before Obama was elected I've heard from my friends in the gun fringe that Obama was secretly planning to take away their guns. AFAICT, Obama must be really confident of being re-elected because he hasn't initiated this secret plan yet. ninja


Already pointed it out above.

"ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information. "


That's a huge stretch.

The article talks about "AFT officials". I'm pretty sure that career ATF guys have lots of discussions about how they might increase their own authority. They're government -- increasing their authority is one of their natural functions. Therefore to infer from "some ATF officials discussed X to increase their authority as a byproduct of operation Y" to "Obama personally initiated or supported operation X with the express intent of achieving Y" is terrible reasoning.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
To be fair to Fox, Dave Mustaine is way, way past the peek of his celeb status and I don't think he was ever as famous as the Dixie Chicks were/are.


I think Fox is more follower than leader on this. The Dixie Chicks were bigger news in part because they were more popular but also because they were a country act, criticizing a Republican president. That led to an uproar among country fans -- Fox may have fueled it, but they certainly didn't create it.

Meanwhile, someone like Dave Mustaine saying something stupid isn't even dog bites man. It's dog poops in the yard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
The article talks about "AFT officials". I'm pretty sure that career ATF guys have lots of discussions about how they might increase their own authority. They're government -- increasing their authority is one of their natural functions. Therefore to infer from "some ATF officials discussed X to increase their authority as a byproduct of operation Y" to "Obama personally initiated or supported operation X with the express intent of achieving Y" is terrible reasoning.

The ATF was gunwalking before Obama or Holder were even in office. Operation Wide Receiver, in 2006-07, was run by the same Phoenix office and did the exact same thing.
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
Man, I can't wait until August is over, and we can actually get to the REAL mudslinging, rather than having to watch this crappy pre-game show.



Darilian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Next thing you know Obama will be intentionally putting guns into the hands of Mexican drug lords in an attempt to get gun control laws increased here in the US. Crazy.


Do you have any evidence to support this? Fast and Furious deserves a ton of criticism, but is there anything other than pure speculation behind the idea that the Obama administration did it as part of a plan to create support for anti-gun legislation?

Since long before Obama was elected I've heard from my friends in the gun fringe that Obama was secretly planning to take away their guns. AFAICT, Obama must be really confident of being re-elected because he hasn't initiated this secret plan yet. ninja


Already pointed it out above.

"ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information. "


You know the difference between an ATF rule and a gun control law, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
You know the difference between an ATF rule and a gun control law, right?

As far as I am aware regulations are specific rules created by a government agency to manage the day to day business of implementing the laws passed by Congress. This authority comes from Congress and regulations have the force of law. I believe the main difference is the ease of altering regulations as opposed to laws.

That's the impression I've always been under anyway.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
You know the difference between an ATF rule and a gun control law, right?

As far as I am aware regulations are specific rules created by a government agency to manage the day to day business of implementing the laws passed by Congress. This authority comes from Congress and regulations have the force of law. I believe the main difference is the ease of altering regulations as opposed to laws.

That's the impression I've always been under anyway.



That's basically correct. You have a law, and an agency tasked with implementing it. The agency issues rules and regulations to implement the law. All the rules have to exist within the framework of the legislation, though the way a law is drafted may leave more or less wiggle room for the agency. But generally, an agency rule can't actually change or contravene the law.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
An agency head, however, can decide to not enforce a rule.

That's where the political aspect of all this comes into play.

Darilian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.