Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Allies are assaulting the beach defences do the Axis forces get to add the two defence benefits? For instance, does artillery in a bunker on a hill equate to BOTH -1 for the hill AND -2 for tanks attacking, leading to a cumulative -3 and therefore disqualifying a tank attack?

Also, can someone SPECIFICALLY define what is meant by the 'beach bluff' that constitutes a 2 hex move to ascend it?

Sorry for Ultra-Newbie questions. I am, however, an Ultra-Newbie blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thechangingman wrote:
When the Allies are assaulting the beach defences do the Axis forces get to add the two defence benefits? For instance, does artillery in a bunker on a hill equate to BOTH -1 for the hill AND -2 for tanks attacking, leading to a cumulative -3 and therefore disqualifying a tank attack?

Sorry for Ultra-Newbie questions. I am, however, an Ultra-Newbie blush

No, defensive benefits do not stack together. Just take the larger benefit. Don't worry about the question...we've all had questions like it when we first started out! whistle

You might find the Official FAQ helpful for future questions. You can find it here: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq/

My advice would be to not try and read the whole FAQ (it will be overwhelming if you do). Instead, just look up questions as you have them!

Enjoy! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, MUCH appreciated!

So, am I right in presuming that the defensive force simply chooses the option that is to their best benefit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Defense bonuses doesn't stack, so you use only the highest one.
In your case the -2 for bunker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacques_wood/3889251015/
This picture shows the bluff.(it's the ridge in the left of the picture)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Konior
Australia
Swan View
WA
flag msg tools
mb
rasmussen81 wrote:
My advice would be to not try and read the whole FAQ (it will be overwhelming if you do).

I keep a copy for light reading in the washroom :-D Not overwhelming at all... maybe I'm just a junkie though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard L
Australia
Woy Woy
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:
Defense bonuses doesn't stack, so you use only the highest one.
In your case the -2 for bunker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacques_wood/3889251015/
This picture shows the bluff.(it's the ridge in the left of the picture)

Wow, thanks for the pic Stig. thumbsup That is one nasty hill to get over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thechangingman wrote:

Also, can someone SPECIFICALLY define what is meant by the 'beach bluff' that constitutes a 2 hex move to ascend it?

Normally, infantry can move one hex and fire or two hexes and not fire. To move one hex up the beach bluff requires that your unit begins movement adjacent to the beach bluff. The one hex move up the bluff will expend your two hex movement allowance due to the steepness of the bluff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron heuvel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hpgeek wrote:
thechangingman wrote:

Normally, infantry can move one hex and fire or two hexes and not fire. To move one hex up the beach bluff requires that your unit begins movement adjacent to the beach bluff. The one hex move up the bluff will expend your two hex movement allowance due to the steepness of the bluff.

Hey just played this game for the first time yesterday.

We were wondering if we played this right.
if i attack a position on the bluff with my unit at close assault.
Am i still able to "take ground" thereby sort of ignoring the bluff. ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb

It specifically says you can't take ground only if it is a cliff, so if it is a bluff, you could take ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.