Subject: Similar Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Longo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
To Curt (The Creator).
After looking through the great artwork and images for the new cards I noticed the 'Arena of Souls'. The idea I submitted is uncannily similar to this so I'm just wondering a few things

1. Was my idea the same as someone else or the design team's? (This is awesome if it's true as it means I was on the right path )

2. Is this my idea and I wasn't notified?

This is the link to the card

http://smirkanddagger.com/J_GrimmerGalleryFM.htm

And below the information I entered into the contest.

Name:
Monstrosseum

Attack Specifications:
Monstrosseum forces the players to battle one another. Each player starts this encounter with a 100 virtual life points, players will set cards and when revealed name the player they choose to play that card on. The victor wins the encounter and the defeated players are fed upon by Monstrosseum, taking damage dependant on how long they survived. Action cards may be played as normal, attacks from other players are not creature damage. If an item/action would cause a player to lose health, it comes off of their Virtual Health.

Regards, Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be that they already had that card created before you submitted your idea. I know Curt told me that a couple of my submissions were very close to encounters they had already designed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dingleberry wrote:
To Curt (The Creator).
After looking through the great artwork and images for the new cards I noticed the 'Arena of Souls'. The idea I submitted is uncannily similar to this so I'm just wondering a few things

1. Was my idea the same as someone else or the design team's? (This is awesome if it's true as it means I was on the right path )

2. Is this my idea and I wasn't notified?

Hi Daniel

Yep. A solid case of lightning striking twice. This was a card we'd had on the books for a year and a half. My partner Justin wanted to give people the PVP encounter they'd always dreamed of. And yes, your submission was very nearly identical and therefore, clearly genius.

Sorry we beat you to the punch on it, but we had that contingency built into the contest rules and had to hold fast to it.

But awesome idea in any case. Great minds think alike!
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.