Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have have been trying to think of a variant to include players after they have been eliminated because when have we played it at my group always with 5-6 players I am finding eliminated players are getting bored of waiting for game to finish.

So I have come with; eliminated players become the army and on their turn they get to roll all the dice once and all the attack dice are used against the monster in Tokyo, the monster can leave afterwards and the next monster goes in if he attacks. If no monsters are in Tokyo then the army attacks all monsters.

Please your thoughts on this. Or should it be left alone and the eliminated players shouldn't of sucked at playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eliminated players should be kept busy fetching beer for their new masters.

Doesn't this game take all of like 30 min to play?!

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
DepressedMonk3y wrote:
I have have been trying to think of a variant to include players after they have been eliminated because when have we played it at my group always with 5-6 players I am finding eliminated players are getting bored of waiting for game to finish.

So I have come with; eliminated players become the army and on their turn they get to roll all the dice once and all the attack dice are used against the monster in Tokyo, the monster can leave afterwards and the next monster goes in if he attacks. If no monsters are in Tokyo then the army attacks all monsters.

Please your thoughts on this. Or should it be left alone and the eliminated players shouldn't of sucked at playing.

Not a bad idea.

It would change the strategy though. Everyone left would be constantly going for hearts and it may actually lengthen the game by having everyone just go for stars being that kills don't really make it better for you.

I recommend giving everyone 2-3 energy cubes to start. This way the kills are faster and more powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel exactly the same way When we're playing, for those that have played a couple of times when we get eliminated we find that some people wander off. Sometimes it drags longer than 30 minutes depending on the dice.

Ooh I like the idea of the army and giving the eliminated players something to do. How about something like this?

The eliminated players stay in the same turn order. On their turn they act as the Army and they choose to do 1 of the following actions to attack only the monster inside Tokyo. First they declare the action, and then roll the 6 dice only once.

1. Fight Back: Attempt to hit the monsters inside Tokyo.
Roll the 6 dice and any 2 claws means the monster takes 1 damage e.g. 4 claws = 2 damage

2. Disable a Monster's Power: Attempt to steal one of the cards from the monster (player)
Roll the 6 dice and if they get a 1,2,3 on their dice, then steal 1 card from the monster in Tokyo (that card is now put in the discard)

3. Energy Drain: Attempt to drain energy from the monster (steal cubes)
Roll the 6 dice, any 2 energy symbols they get, they can use to drain a monster's power. 2 energy symbols = drain 1 monster's energy

4. Nets! : Attempt to inhibit? one of the monster's claws
Roll the 6 dice and for every 3 claws, that monster is "netted" in his next turn he loses 1 dice per netted claw which he'll get back after that turn is finished e.g. 3 claws = lose 1 dice, 6 claws = lose 2 dice

** The monster inside Tokyo can only leave Tokyo as per normal rules. So there's a risk if he decides to stay too long he might get wiped out by other monsters & the army.

As soon as there is only 1 monster left alive, that monster rampages and takes over the city and is declared the winner.

Similar to Escape from the Hidden Castle, even if you have been caught by Hugo the ghost, you can still keep playing trying to eliminate the other players, until 1 player is left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandy;
i do like your ideas and may well try them out at next game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DepressedMonk3y wrote:

I don't know. Getting to roll the dice once is not really like playing the game at all. There are no decisions for the army players to make, and they have no potential winning to look forward to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.