Subject: GenCon Tournament participants that did *not* get a copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with Bryan Bornmueller, a FF sales manager. While he was polite and apologetic about the situation, he did say that they couldn't manage a system for reserving copies of the game for tournament participants and was a little bit wishy washy on the policy of limiting games (he said that people would have just got others to help buy up the copies - which is what I said they should have made people do). Anyway, complaint voiced and noted (and I do plan to follow up post con).

As to how the are handling Saturday night. They have a dozen nfs copies set aside for people to play in the tournament with for anyone that couldn't get a copy. They also plan to honor all tournament participant giveaways whether you can play or not. I pointed out that this kinda sucks for new(er) players that don't know the game that well, and he suggested sitting in on one or more demos to familiarize yourself with the game. (Anyone jacked in here too that is willing to help those of us that got screwed too to get some sessions in on your games, I'm sure help would be appreciated).

As far as deckbuilding, I can kind of see that being a littleclusterfuky having to build decks on site right before the tournatment, but it is just supposed to be a casual ice breaker tourney, and those of us on line can use the deckbuilder info once all of the card info is in and up, I guess. Not idea, to be sure, but it's something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Dun dun dun!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
midnightmadness wrote:
but it is just supposed to be a casual ice breaker tourney

Well played thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone hasn't seen it, Christian Petersen touched on what they're planning to do for people who didn't get copies and are signed up for the tournament (as well as many other items regarding copies at GenCon - check the link for the full post):

From http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9841294#9841294

Quote:
"- We are overnighting loaner copies, so that anyone who registered for the Icebreaker tournament (and was unable to buy a game) will have game materials."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.