Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play card 8a as the WAllies, the Philippines become an independant neutral country. The US Garrison is interned, and I presume the control of the hex for strat hex counting purposes goes back to neutral (that is, it no longer counts as an Axix strat hex controlled by the WAllies). Is this assumption correct, or am I about to make an ass out of ...

Thanks,

Chris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It no longer counts as a strat hex controlled by the Allies. Note, though, if the US is currently neutral, the net effect is zero, since Strat hexes controlled by a nation still PAC don't count anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Feralkoala wrote:
It no longer counts as a strat hex controlled by the Allies. Note, though, if the US is currently neutral, the net effect is zero, since Strat hexes controlled by a nation still PAC don't count anyway.


Oh, bummer, in my other game we've counted it. That would have opened up some things, but at least now I know.

Thanks,

Chris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas de Bakker
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside, note that you can no longer place US convoy markers in the South China Sea (without an Escort Convoy). We found this a significant disadvantage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bassie wrote:
As an aside, note that you can no longer place US convoy markers in the South China Sea (without an Escort Convoy). We found this a significant disadvantage.


Is that due to lack of an Open Port, or is there an exception of some kind about that?

Thanks,

Chris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, per 2.2.3.6, you need either: 1) A Home country port adjacent to that sea zone or 2) a Port in a dependent belonging to the nation the convoy belongs to or 3) a friendly escort troop convoy marker in the convoy box.
#1 never applies for the US in the South China Sea and #2 applies only so long as the Phillipines are a dependent--making them independent scotches #2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Feralkoala wrote:
No, per 2.2.3.6, you need either: 1) A Home country port adjacent to that sea zone or 2) a Port in a dependent belonging to the nation the convoy belongs to or 3) a friendly escort troop convoy marker in the convoy box.
#1 never applies for the US in the South China Sea and #2 applies only so long as the Phillipines are a dependent--making them independent scotches #2.


Hm, that was probably information I should have sought before playing card 8a...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be a less serious problem if the Commonwealth is in the war and can still meet requirement #2 (from Singapore or Brunei); if the CW is neutral, you might have some problems as Bas noted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.