Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Is this getting a release date or is it only PoD? I would like to have it and the webstore doesn't seem to offer the deck.

To be honest though, I'm kinda torn because I haven't read the books and am watching the show as my way of experiencing the series and want to be surprised by what I see on screen and I've heard there are HEAVY spoilers as to who and where each faction is located... I may decide to simply buy it and not play it until the show catches up, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It actually became on sale today..
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/842827/now-on-sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Seraphim
msg tools
Read the books; that would be my best advice. It will be several years before the series catches up to where the expansion is, depending on how fast or slow the series goes through the books.

The books are better anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingSeraphim wrote:
Read the books; that would be my best advice. It will be several years before the series catches up to where the expansion is, depending on how fast or slow the series goes through the books.

The books are better anyway.

This. They're well worth the effort. The series is good, but nowhere near as good as the books.

Plus, you'll spoiler-proof yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Marshall
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either read the books, or listen to them on audio CD. Roy Dotrice reads the first five books (now replacing the original Alan Lee version of "A Feast for Crows), and his vocalizations for the characters are wonderful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just read the books. So much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
baron vendredi
Canada
flag msg tools
I suspect, given what I have heard about the new positioning, that you might be okay for most spoilers if you get all the way through the 4th book. Maybe even just the 3rd book.
The 4th and 5th books essentially occur at the same time (since there are many POV characters, book 4 covers half the cast, and book 5 covers the other half).

But again, to be absolutely safe of course it's best to read it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasco Conceição
msg tools
You just need to read the first 3, no problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sorry, I won't be reading the books. I want to be surprised by what I'm watching and have those "OMG!" moments. I've done it in the past where I've read the books first (LotR and Walking Dead) and while I've enjoyed the source material, knowing what happens and what's coming up has taken away from my experience. It was great seeing the visual splendor of LotR, but it lost something in translation because I knew what was about to happen.

I'll end up buying this for completion sake, and I'll give the option to my friends who have read the books - I just won't play those games until the show gets through book 3... which would be the end of Season 4

EDIT: And due to some friends who don't know when to shut up, I was unfortunately spoiled about a couple major deaths that I assume are coming quite soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Hawkeye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
imdahman wrote:
Sorry, I won't be reading the books. I want to be surprised by what I'm watching and have those "OMG!" moments. I've done it in the past where I've read the books first (LotR and Walking Dead) and while I've enjoyed the source material, knowing what happens and what's coming up has taken away from my experience. It was great seeing the visual splendor of LotR, but it lost something in translation because I knew what was about to happen.

Absolutly agree to that! I watched GoT Season 1 and was stunned - remember Ned Stark?

Then I read the Novels (book 1 to 4) before watching Season 2 and it seemed like "strongly cut" and dull in comparision. The books ruined Season 2 for me.. I have to admit. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.