10 Posts

Zooloretto» Forums » Rules

Subject: Difficulty understanding rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Greenhalgh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I dont undestand how enough money is generated in the game?

You get money when your enclosur is full (how much I dont know) and when someone buys something from your barn, but that is not enough money to fill your enclosure in the first place

Any help much apreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Harrystotle wrote:

You get money when your enclosur is full (how much I dont know) and when someone buys something from your barn, but that is not enough money to fill your enclosure in the first place

Any help much apreciated

You only "pay" to use one of the barn actions (e.g. buying something from someone's barn or swapping animal types around). Most of the time, you'll fill up an enclosure with animal tiles taken from a truck, which does /not/ cost money.

Spending money is not the norm, it's the special case action. Mind, there are money tiles on trucks occasionally too.

And yes, often people don't have a lot of money in the game - depends heavily on the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget you also get money from coin tiles when they are on a truck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrystotle wrote:

Any help much apreciated

That should be more clear.....

When you complete an enclosure with a coin or 2 symbol on it, you get that many coins. For example, the 5/4 enclosure at the top right gets you a coin when you fill up that 4th empty spot

Another way is to take trucks with coins on them.

One trick that you can do to get more $$ is to fill up a smaller enclosure (e.g. the 8/5 for $2), swap 2 enclosures (the 8/5 for 4 animals in the 10/6), then add a 5th animal in the new 8/5 enclosure for another easy $2. note that you only get the $$ if you fill it up from taking a truck. If you swapped 5 animals into the 8/5, you would NOT get the $2!

Otherwise, $$ is tight in this game. Even those who find themselves with spending $$ don't necessarily stay rich for long. I hear $$ flows better when you combine this game with its expansion, Aquaretto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
Harrystotle wrote:

Any help much apreciated

You only "pay" to use one of the barn actions (e.g. buying something from someone's barn or swapping animal types around). Most of the time, you'll fill up an enclosure with animal tiles taken from a truck, which does /not/ cost money.

Spending money is not the norm, it's the special case action. Mind, there are money tiles on trucks occasionally too.

And yes, often people don't have a lot of money in the game - depends heavily on the group.

What he said. Also note that in the base game, money is intentionally scarce, it's a struggle to get enough to do many money actions during a typical game.

We use the Petting Zoo expansion, which injects a bit more money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrystotle wrote:
You get money when your enclosur is full (how much I dont know)

It shows how many coins you receive next to the points for each enclosure.

Welcome to BGG!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Greenhalgh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Brian Baird said all tiles go from the truck straight to the enclosures. Isnt that wrong, they all go to the barn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrystotle wrote:
Brian Baird said all tiles go from the truck straight to the enclosures. Isnt that wrong, they all go to the barn
When you take a truck, the animals/carts can go to the barn or an appropriate enclosure (following all rules such as you need the space, can't mix animals in the same ecnllsuer, carts go "on the outside", etc.). Once in the barn, u need to spend the $1 action to move a tile from the barn to a space. OTOH, if a tile goes to a non-Barn area, it's not ever going to be in the barn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some selected lines from page 2 of the rules (with my highlighting).

B. TAKE A DELIVERY TRUCK AND PASS FOR THE REST OF THE ROUND
He must immediately add the tiles from the truck to his zoo.

* Animal Tiles
An animal tile may be placed either on an empty enclosure space or in the barn.

* Vending stalls
A vending stall may be placed on an empty stall space or in the barn.

(did you confuse "zoo" in the early line to specifically mean "barn"?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah,I think we've found where the confusion's coming from.

Tomello's quote from the rules should make it clearer. Tiles can go straight from a truck to an enclosure space if they match the animal etc - that basic action doesn't cost money.

If you were putting everything into the barn & then paying to move them to the enclosure on later turns, I can see why you were so worried about money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.