Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr» Forums » Variants

Subject: two player one box & 4 players two boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denez McAdoo
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
first let me say, I love this game. I think it's everything 4e D&D wanted to be. Sure there's no real roleplaying, but 4e's roleplaying isn't that great. If you want to RP, go to earlier editions of D&D...

Anyways, this game does in fact work with just one box and two players, the rulebook even has instructions on how to do this, though they don't recommend it. It mostly works, though it's limited since your creatures and spells are cut in half.

The main drawback to two players one box, is that you only have enough floor tiles to create a hallway to battle in... this is not so great. There's really no where to hide, no where to move thus less strategy, and not enough treasure tokes to keep you alive.
--------

HOWEVER, 4 players with only two boxes, defiantly does work. Sure the game is still limited by your creatures and order cards being cut in half, but in all honesty, we never ran out. This also solves the "fighting in a corridor" problem of one box. I really saw no significant drawback to this style of play. Good fun, good strategy, and the game lasted a good while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Once you play a few games, it really does go pretty fast... 30-60 mins to play...

Great game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
good to know. I have 2 boxes currently and plan to play it 4 player as soon as i can. Then when the expansions come out i will be picking them up as well. I've played the game once so far and was very impressed with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.