Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, there...a few more card questions. Thanks in advance...

1. Are corruption points from "Morgul Wound" and "Candle of Corpses" reducible/cancelable as in a normal hunt or not?
2. Is the movement of "Shadows Gather" prohibited for a region regardless of who is besieging?
3. When must "Gandalf, the White" decide to use his ability for reducing Nazgûls leadership. Before combat cards or after combat cards?

By the way, are the english Character Cards images online somewhere?
I would like to see the original english text of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, not by companions. "Corruption" refers to the corruption points you take. "Hunt damage" may be taken as companion casualty or corruption.

2. You can use Shadows Gather to move into a region that you are besieging. If you're besieging a region, that region is considered "free" for you, which means yours for all purposes (except the VPs of course).

3. Don't remember. Somebody else can answer that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay P

Alexandria
Virginia
msg tools
FP must declare using Gandalf's ability before combat cards are played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

selwyth wrote:
1. No, not by companions. "Corruption" refers to the corruption points you take. "Hunt damage" may be taken as companion casualty or corruption.
I get it. So in the other hand, for "Orc Patrol" which lets you follow the rules for a succesfull hunt, you could reduce the damage with a card or a companion sacrifice. Yes?

selwyth wrote:
2. You can use Shadows Gather to move into a region that you are besieging. If you're besieging a region, that region is considered "free" for you, which means yours for all purposes (except the VPs of course).
My question arises from the parenthesis on the card which says: "The movement must end in a region already ocuppied by another Shadow Army(that must not be under siege)". So I guess the parenthesis refers to the Army not being under siege. I was interpreting the parenthesis refering to the region not being under siege.

PapaGamer wrote:
FP must declare using Gandalf's ability before combat cards are played.
Ok. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
alerce wrote:
So in the other hand, for "Orc Patrol" which lets you follow the rules for a succesfull hunt, you could reduce the damage with a card or a companion sacrifice. Yes?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
alerce wrote:
My question arises from the parenthesis on the card which says: "The movement must end in a region already ocuppied by another Shadow Army(that must not be under siege)". So I guess the parenthesis refers to the Army not being under siege. I was interpreting the parenthesis refering to the region not being under siege.

If the Shadow is besieging the Stonghold he can use the Event Card to move an Army to reinforce the siege.

If the Shadow is besieged inside the Stronghold he cannot move an Army to the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that Gandalf's White Rider ability lasts for the duration of the entire battle. Its use is declared at the beginning of the battle, before anything else is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.