Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have asked this before, but I need a more elaborate answer/ more people to answer

I have crappy little earbud headphones I use at work. They are not good at being loud without annoying people around me.

I don't want to be "that guy", but I also want to listen to my music and hear nobody else around me

Also, they aren't very good at sounding good either. Too much treble. I have others that are too much bass, too muffled.

I need to find a good pair, for not a lot of money, to replace em.

Any suggestions?

I had a $2 pair from American Eagle that turned out to be the best ones I have ever had! Best balance of music, and awesome at cancelling any noise to and from my ears. They eventually wore out and broke. Now I can't find them anywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
When I actually worked in an office I brought in my favorite HUGE pair of Sony DJ headphones and wore them all day at my desk. They were awesome, and I'm sure I looked like a massive weirdo in an age when everyone attempts to wear tiny, inconspicuous earbuds.

Headphones are kind of an individual thing though, and what sounds good to me might be "muffled" or "bass-y" to you. I will say that the currently trendy "Beats" headphones (by everyone's favorite gangsta' Dr. Dre) are in no way worth the inflated pricetag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best headphones I've ever used while working in an office with other people, were, believe it or not....Koss brand $4-7 headphones from Walmart. Awesome sound and no one ever complained about hearing my music... I don't use headphones much anymore, but when I do, it's Koss cheapos...

As always, others' mileage may vary...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb
I got some Shure headphones. They are buds that fit into your ear like a hearing aid. The wires wrap up and around the back of your ear so they don't fall off your head if they are removed from your ear. They cancel noise so well my wife has banned me from using them when she is in the room. As for quality, I listened to a favourite CD of mine from around 15 years ago and was surprised when I heard many layers I never detected on my old stereo system from high school.

Ear not included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I've got a pair of fairly cheap ones from Radio Shack a few years ago. I don't see a model name or number on them anywhere, but they're the old fashioned kind that cover your entire ears. I think they were maybe around $15 or so.
They resemble these:

They sound great, but one thing that irritates me is that the inline volume control has a bad connection, which means I have wo wiggle it a little sometimes to get all the sound. This has been the case with every headphone set I've had that had inline volume control. The ones that have individual volume controls on both earpieces are even more prone to break, so I would definitely avoid those too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.