Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the Government. I have 6 cubes ready to attack (and thus assured success). There are 3 active FARC and a base. May I attack the area, removing 2 active FARC, THEN air lift in more troops and attack again hoping to be able to remove the last active FARC and the base?

If I can, here is another scenario:
I have 3 troops ready to attack. I blow the roll. Can I air lift in 3 more and try again? If so, do I roll for all 6, or just the 3 I moved in?

I can Air Strike an attacked area correct (not a city).

Thanks!
Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
You could not assualt twice in same space in the same turn, unless an event allowed you to. An operation may not select a space more than once.

This was clarified by Volko here.

Volko wrote:
"A given Operation may not select a given space more than once."

Note that Shipping drugs could enable a player to select a space for Operations twice on a card, because the Shipping results in an additional free Limited Operation (2.3.6).

Thanks! vfr

You could hit a department you just assualted with an airstrike though (assuming you had the option to use a special activity and did not select another).

EDIT: To clarify what type of department are you in? If you are in a Forest, plain, City, or LoC one assualt with the government could kill as many insurgents as you have troops! In a mountain it is 1 insurgent for every 2 troops. Unless Government capabilites have been altered by card play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
bpowers wrote:
I am the Government. I have 6 cubes ready to attack (and thus assured success). There are 3 active FARC and a base. May I attack the area, removing 2 active FARC, THEN air lift in more troops and attack again hoping to be able to remove the last active FARC and the base?

No, you may only conduct an Operation once in a given selected space. BUT, you could Airlift BEFORE the assault!!!

bpowers wrote:
If I can, here is another scenario:
I have 3 troops ready to attack. I blow the roll. Can I air lift in 3 more and try again? If so, do I roll for all 6, or just the 3 I moved in?

Government does not roll dice in an Assault. Check the rules again. Insurgent factions DO roll the dice in an ATTACK which is different from an ASSAULT.

bpowers wrote:

I can Air Strike an attacked area correct (not a city).

Yes indeedy!

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, the government M.O. is Sweep to expose the insurgents then Assault to kill them. Or make a deal with another faction to go in and get the insurgents flipped first (saves you the need to sweep) and then harvest them like wheat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.