Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
Re the columns.

For me, the ivy seems more dotted than leafy. Perhaps try with fewer but bigger leaves?

The cracks seem more like a big chunk has been cut out with scissors.

Somehow the right and left orientation isn't different enough to be obviously left and right. Not sure what to suggest here.

Would anything work as a set of 5 or just the outer ends? [edit: at least a middle one so people didn't need to get the set?]

Other than that i think they're great I'll certainly get one once they're done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Butlerian wrote:
Butlerian wrote:
Butlerian wrote:
1. Standard, Right orientated
2. Standard, left orientated
3. Ivy, left orientated
4. Ivy, right orientated

Let's hear it for the pillars.
It is my intention to submit them all.

Category: misc
Mouse over: I support my avatar

Feedback is appreciated

And two others

5. Cracked, left orientated
6. Cracked, right orientated

And the last two:

7. Yellow, left orientated
8. Yellow, right orientated

I think the cracked ones have too much of a crack, and the ivy ones have too much ivy - i would go for a smaller ammount of green, and a crack with less "chipped" column.

I do like the yellow and grey ones :) I think they will be better to submit a couple of them, but identicall (i mean submit
and
, so people can bought two for supporting their avatar, instead of submiting
and
). My rational is that columns would receibe same light and there should look pretty similar no matter they are palced left or right. The cracked and ivy should be not simetrical in my opinion, to reflect their non-artificial nature (a crack in a different size-height in each badge, for example).

good work :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Rasal
Spain
Jaca
Aragon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I try again with this proposal mb
Traffic light with green disk marked with a red cross
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Munny wrote:

I can´t see that in the image. Lights too wide, green one does not look as green, i think it does not look as a traffic light... I think it also would be better if you could state group, name and mouseover for the badge... currently i don´t understand it's meaning. And adding a poll usually help getting more feedback (raw, and unexplained, but feedback at the end)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Rasal
Spain
Jaca
Aragon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorro_jv wrote:
Munny wrote:

I can´t see that in the image. Lights too wide, green one does not look as green, i think it does not look as a traffic light... I think it also would be better if you could state group, name and mouseover for the badge... currently i don´t understand it's meaning. And adding a poll usually help getting more feedback (raw, and unexplained, but feedback at the end)

Ok.
The problem is that the traffic light is rectangular and th mb is square, is hard so you can look good ....The text would go is about a story that happened between some friends.I have not included because it is not important, just wanted to report the object representing the mb.
The original option was this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
The cracks seem more like a big chunk has been cut out with scissors.

It's a little Pac-Manny.

crazylegs wrote:
Somehow the right and left orientation isn't different enough to be obviously left and right. Not sure what to suggest here.

Maybe:

One "vanilla"
One ivy
One cracked
One

And then either make two of them yellow (4 badges in all), or have both sets in grey and yellow (8 badges!!), or have four in grey and two in yellow (6 badges).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Munny wrote:
The text would go is about a story that happened between some friends.I have not included because it is not important

If it's not important, why should there be a badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
kiowapilot wrote:
My guess is that some (many) of the no votes have to do with the political (in)correctness of using the Confederate battle flag as a microbadge.

Would that explain the look of the existing Southern Rock microbadge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Balas

Kallithea
Athens
msg tools
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
badge
Es treibt mich ein dunkles Sehnen hinauf zur Waldeshöh', dort lös't sich auf in Tränen mein übergroßes Weh'.
mbmbmbmbmb
crazylegs wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:
crazylegs wrote:

Hmm maybe I need to change the source image, he's kind of looking over his shoulder.

Second original:

With softer edges:

With softer edges and less shadow:

With shoulder dislocated:

Fourth one is cleaner.
I would go for it

PS
The second best, I think, is the one with the softer edges and less shadow since he appears bulkier.
He's a Warlus afterall!

Well okey dokey then let's poll this and see.

Poll
1. Walrus
2. Mouseover
Walrus fan
I am the walrus
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes – and ships – and sealing-wax – Of cabbages – and kings – And why the sea is boiling hot – And whether pigs have wings."
      18 answers
Poll created by crazylegs

A house divided...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Munny wrote:
zorro_jv wrote:
Munny wrote:

The text would go is about a story that happened between some friends.I have not included because it is not important, just wanted to report the object representing the mb.
The original option was this

I think the original is better... but anyway, personal badges are not allowed, probably this badge will fall under that category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmb
kiowapilot wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Poll: Lynyrd Skynyrd Microbadge
Lynyrd Skynyrd, famous for "Freebird" & "Sweet Home Alabama", played in front of a giant flag.
Which option should be pursued?
Confederate Flag

Confederate Flag with LS below

Confederate Flag with LS superimposed

None of the above
      29 answers
Poll created by Unhalfbricking

[edit] PLEASE, don't just vote 'None of the above', without any comment. Unless you are just being difficult (my belief), it is somewhat pointless.

My guess is that some (many) of the no votes have to do with the political (in)correctness of using the Confederate battle flag as a microbadge. Even the band doesn't use the battle flag as part of its logos any longer (although it does use designs that include the US flag on some of its merchandise).

Personally, I think that the flag logo is too pixely (yes, I know that isn't a word) as it stands right now (in the first and third versions). I like the flag better in the second version (the red seems lest purplish), but don't like the black bar beneath the flag symbol.

Maybe you could use the cross from the God & Guns album cover (which is the band website's favicon currently...)?

I'd just like to support this view. I'm uncomfortable with it. While it might be linked to the group, I'm not sure that's how it would be received, or possibly used. It's nowhere near as bad as some flags or symbols and the south was, in the minds of many, more than just an economy based on slavery. But even writing this I'm tripping over material for the RSP forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Leaman
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
I podcast at howweplay.com
badge
I podcast at howweplay.com
mbmbmbmbmb
memethief wrote:
Overtext is "I was at the first HammerCon" for
or
, and "I was at HammerCon N" (where N is replaced by the appropriate Roman or Arabic numeral) for the others.

What do you think?

Poll: HammerCon attendee
What do you think of these microbadges?

Vote Count
Great! Submit them! 57.1% (4) 42.9% (3) 7
Maybe... they need some work (explain in comments) 75.0% (3) 25.0% (1) 4
Nah, these are no good. 25.0% (1) 75.0% (3) 4
Total Voters 11
This poll is now closed.   11 answers
Poll created by memethief
Closes: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 am

So for the "needs work" -- what should be changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Requested:

- SAZ member
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nulli Secundus wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:
crazylegs wrote:

Hmm maybe I need to change the source image, he's kind of looking over his shoulder.

Second original:

With softer edges:

With softer edges and less shadow:

With shoulder dislocated:

Fourth one is cleaner.
I would go for it

PS
The second best, I think, is the one with the softer edges and less shadow since he appears bulkier.
He's a Warlus afterall!

Well okey dokey then let's poll this and see.

Poll
1. Walrus
2. Mouseover
Walrus fan
I am the walrus
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes – and ships – and sealing-wax – Of cabbages – and kings – And why the sea is boiling hot – And whether pigs have wings."
      18 answers
Poll created by crazylegs

A house divided...

I honestly have no idea what any of those images are supposed to be. Looks like a bird that didn't fit in a little 16x16 box.

The visible lower left corner really detracts from the quality of the badge. You typically don't want to see animals chopped off on the edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Hi all, this was a request for an alternative Love Letter Princess microbadge based on the original artwork from user HilkMAN

Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/140835/item/2462120#it...

Of the three revisions this is the one the requester liked best, would love to know if this is ready to submit:

Poll
What do you think of the Princess?
She's a peach (ready to submit)
Kiss more toads (needs work... please say what)
      11 answers
Poll created by delinear

Here's the original artwork for reference, the robe was changed from blue to red as that is the colour of the Princess card and Hilko wanted to reflect that in the badge (you can see the previous versions in the original request thread):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hilla
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
kiowapilot wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd, famous for "Freebird" & "Sweet Home Alabama", played in front of a giant flag.
Confederate Flag

None of the above
      29 answers

[edit] PLEASE, don't just vote 'None of the above', without any comment. Unless you are just being difficult (my belief), it is somewhat pointless.

My guess is that some (many) of the no votes have to do with the political (in)correctness of using the Confederate battle flag as a microbadge. Even the band doesn't use the battle flag as part of its logos any longer (although it does use designs that include the US flag on some of its merchandise).

Personally, I think that the flag logo is too pixely (yes, I know that isn't a word) as it stands right now (in the first and third versions). I like the flag better in the second version (the red seems lest purplish), but don't like the black bar beneath the flag symbol.

Maybe you could use the cross from the God & Guns album cover (which is the band website's favicon currently...)?

I'd just like to support this view. I'm uncomfortable with it. While it might be linked to the group, I'm not sure that's how it would be received, or possibly used. It's nowhere near as bad as some flags or symbols and the south was, in the minds of many, more than just an economy based on slavery. But even writing this I'm tripping over material for the RSP forums.

Agreed. A great many Americans would find this offensive. Although it is possible to drive through certain (small) towns in the American south and occasionally find main streets festooned with the Confederate flag, that sort of thing is seen, minimally, as "creepy" by those of us from outside of the south--and downright offensive by many Americans of Color. I wouldn't use it.

That's why I voted "none of the above."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
delinear wrote:

I'd quite like to have the redhead princess as an mb. Failing that, perhaps the soldier as it's the most common card, but much prefer the princess.

Perhaps you should do three? Add the prince as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mb
crazylegs wrote:
delinear wrote:

I'd quite like to have the redhead princess as an mb. Failing that, perhaps the soldier as it's the most common card, but much prefer the princess.

Thanks Tom, yes I was thinking when I created this that they're all such works of art I'd probably like to do a couple more. The only problem might be keeping them all looking in scale, I've cropped this one really close to keep the detail on the glasses, whereas the detail on the other two is really outside the face area, but I'll take a look at what's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Boeke
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
memethief wrote:
memethief wrote:
Overtext is "I was at the first HammerCon" for
or
, and "I was at HammerCon N" (where N is replaced by the appropriate Roman or Arabic numeral) for the others.

What do you think?

Poll: HammerCon attendee
What do you think of these microbadges?

Vote Count
Great! Submit them! 57.1% (4) 42.9% (3) 7
Maybe... they need some work (explain in comments) 75.0% (3) 25.0% (1) 4
Nah, these are no good. 25.0% (1) 75.0% (3) 4
Total Voters 11
This poll is now closed.   11 answers
Poll created by memethief
Closes: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 am

So for the "needs work" -- what should be changed?

I think it is hard to read the con text on the microbadge (it could be that the purple is too dark compared to the black outline). And the ittle bit of hammer handle sticking our behind the n in "con" makes reading the text even more problematic.

I like the roman numerals better too, but question if you really need a badge for each year of the con? The majority (maybe all) of con attendees microbadges (at least the ones that I know of) are singular.

EDIT: Also, just as a note, the way the poll is constructed is flawed. You can only vote yes, no, or maybe for one set of the badges (then you have to choose one of the remaining options for the other...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
DanielCG wrote:
This one for the game Africana

>> Africana fan

This one for the game Archipelago

>> Archipelago fan

This one for the game Carmarace

>> Carmarace fan

I saw these in the queue. I never noticed you had edited them into your post so it's possible others missed them as well. You should perhaps put them all to a poll.

The Africana badge is a bit indistinct.

The Archipelago hex has rough corners.

The Carmarace badge is a little inconsistent when it comes to smoothening the curves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

The Archipelago hex has rough corners.

And looks stretched. There are some usefull things to be found here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mb
delinear wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
delinear wrote:

Thanks Tom, yes I was thinking when I created this that they're all such works of art I'd probably like to do a couple more. The only problem might be keeping them all looking in scale, I've cropped this one really close to keep the detail on the glasses, whereas the detail on the other two is really outside the face area, but I'll take a look at what's possible.

Couldn't make the Prince work, so I did one for the red haired Princess, one for the Soldier and, because he seemed like fun, one for the Clown, what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
delinear wrote:
delinear wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
delinear wrote:

Couldn't make the Prince work, so I did one for the red haired Princess, one for the Soldier and, because he seemed like fun, one for the Clown, what do you think?

hmm...how's this for the prince? (second a little brighter)

Red princess looked a bit funny but not sure why, as after a couple of tries I think yours is probably the best:

I don't think the soldier works right now. I like the clown tho! Maybe the mouseover could be: 'Let me see your card!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mb
crazylegs wrote:
delinear wrote:
delinear wrote:
crazylegs wrote:
delinear wrote:

hmm...how's this for the prince? (second a little brighter)

Red princess looked a bit funny but not sure why, as after a couple of tries I think yours is probably the best:

I don't think the soldier works right now. I like the clown tho! Maybe the mouseover could be: 'Let me see your card!'

I think it's the eyes, they're so distinctive on the cards but so hard to do justice at that size. I agree I'm not keen on the soldier, his chainmail looks more like a robe so he ends up looking more like a peasant or monk.

The Prince looks good though, much better than my attempt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Confederate Flag

None of the above
      29 answers

I am not sure about the Confederate flag. I have received an email of late that some people find it offensive. I have not changed the badge that the user wants changed (Southern Rock), but his comments do give me pause on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  142 , 143 , 144 , 145 , 146  Next »  [989] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.