BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: A part of my Story I have for my Card game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zaxarias Faraggitakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Hello fellow users of BoardGameGeek site!

I just created this Thread to show a small part of a story I have for a card game I want someday to complete to the future.

Before you begin read, because I am from Greece, it is naturaly to have some or A LOT of mistakes. So if you see very annoying mistakes, let me know please.
Also this is a Prototype of the story I have. Some very important details need more research before put them inside my final version of my story.

With that said here it is:

There isn’t only one Universe in this existent you know. There are a lot more. A lot more that your mind could think, shattered around you even before your own kind existed in your Universe. You must be grateful for you to have a place to call “home”. To have a start and an end. To be able to fulfill your own circle you have, even you don’t know nothing about this. You are a truly a blessed being.

But me, I am not as lucky as you. Because I am a being born before the creation of the Universes, yes, even yours. There are many like me of course and I am glad for that deep inside me, at least I am not alone. All of us are brothers and sisters and we always together, never let someone to go alone. When we think about an important task, we work for a solution together even if we are thousands of us.

At first we were all alone without any kind of knowledge what we really are or any kind of guidance to were to begin. Gladly we were all as a big family and we worked together to survive any kind of difficulty we came across. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a mysterious powerfull being appeared to us. When we saw this being for the first time in our lifes, we knew who he really was. He is the one that had the power to create us in the first place. Our own Father.

Our Father, the first Being known from the very beginning of time, gave birth to us for a very important task we must accomplish and keep it that way for an eternity.

At first our Father teach us our own power we have inside all of us. The same power our Father have. To create something from zero, from nothing. Any kind of thoughts we have can become reality. But it isn’t something very easy to be done. As our Father said in our first day of met: “Without knowledge and experience, you can’t create the perfect balance to survive your blessing”. At first I didn’t understand the meaning of these words, but as the times passed, me and my Brothers/Sisters finally understand.

We didn’t had the feeling of time pass by, but at some point at last we were ready to start our duty, the real purpose our Father created us from the first place. To take his place as Creators of more greater things. Each of us will create a new home for us to stay. To leave our Father behind to become “Fathers” ourselves. To create something from nothingness and guide them like our Father did with us. We are his children and we must follow his steps. It is our time.

And the beginning of your Universe and the others, had began! Brothers and Sisters together created with their own unique thoughts after years and years of training their homes, a home for every single one of us. We created as I said thousands of universes and of course, our own children.

Some of my brothers and sisters created many children like our Father did, some others only just few, but much more powerful than others. Some others decided to not create children yet and find the perfect time to do so. As for me and some others as well, we decided to create only one.

Sadly, our children wasn’t so powerful as we expected. For a mysterious reason our future generation that we wanted to carry on the tradition we had, didn’t had the power to create something from nothing. They could only create something for their own from different elements that me and my brothers and sisters created in the first place. For example in one specific Universe, which our brother decided to create many of them, One of his children can control the element of Fire, another one the element of Ice, Air, Darkness, Earth, Death etc.

For that reason we decided to come together to one of the many Universes to discuss what we will do cause of this unexpected events. For the first time ever, most of us decided to not follow the second step our Father did. To reveal themselves to their children. There was many different reasons for that, but we all knew the “trigger” for that was the reason of our meeting. For my part, I decided to reveal myself to my only child I had created. I glad I did that.

Time pass once again and we were seeing our home grow little by little. Many different things happened to the course of these eternal years and I am glad I had for company my child. I helped very greatly my child with my knowledge and experience I had cause of my Father. We created balance in the Universe I created and I am very pleased with these results. I am very proud for my child.

But something happened and after many years of silence, a brother wanted to meet again for an important task. Our brother, Ujya, called us for help. A strange alien power without warning started slowly destroying the balance of his Universe. And he wasn’t the only one. Many others brothers and sisters as well had the same problem for some years now. Ujya decide we should ask for help from our Father. We all agreed without any delay.

And so a group of us get ready to go to meet after so many years our Father for help to find a solution from this strange “power” to bring balance to our homes. I was one of them. I said a last goodbye to my child before I leave him behind. I explained to him I had a long Journey ahead to me and I will meet him after a long time. I gave him the permission to do whatever he want for now on. This Universe I created after all it is his legacy by me. I have faith to him.

I meet the others and we begin our long Journey to meet our Father, Anu.

I hope you at least have a small interest for the story I just wrote.
Please, any kind of feedback and advice for the future will be nice and helpful to continue with my project.

Thank you very much for your help

Copyright Zaxarias Faraggitakis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, interesting... I'd be willing to hear more about the game after reading this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaxarias Faraggitakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
kurthl33t wrote:
Interesting, interesting... I'd be willing to hear more about the game after reading this.

Thank you very much!
After you read this, please tell me your opinon for that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how this story is a combination of science fiction and creation myth--a blending of the physical and the spiritual. That's a melding that is rarely seen these days, and even more rarely done well.

So is the game about the different universes? Or is it about these immortals journeying to meet Anu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaxarias Faraggitakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
kurthl33t wrote:
I like how this story is a combination of science fiction and creation myth--a blending of the physical and the spiritual. That's a melding that is rarely seen these days, and even more rarely done well.

So is the game about the different universes? Or is it about these immortals journeying to meet Anu?

Thank you very much about your good words ^^
Right now I am working to the second part of the story I have in my mind.
But yeah the whole card game is about both of the things you mentioned. But with a twist.
You will learn more while I update day by day my Core story of my game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.