Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Brahan
United States
North Sutton
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You described my wife. We play TTR, Stone Age and Airlines Europe and love them. We also like Alhambra and Finca quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for Finca. It plays well with two. Pastiche is also quick to learn and plays well with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Finca

Kingdom Builder

Ra: The Dice Game

Jaipur

Oregon

Thurn and Taxis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You should keep in mind the degree to which your friend likes or dislikes the ability to mess with other players. Is the blocking in TtR his/her favorite or least favorite part of the game?

Another question is the importance of theme. It would seem this person is ok with thinly-themed games, but would they prefer games with deeper and more integrated themes?

Airlines Europe felt a lot like Acquire to me (although not everyone agrees), so that's probably a safe choice. Stone Age also seems like a reasonable choice, given the limited information we have. I don't know China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
China and Thurn and Taxis are both great.

I prefer the original Union Pacific to Airlines Europe, but I like both Santa Fe Rails and Canal Mania better than either of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Discover India

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.