Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No need for photoshop, just print and cut out. Put the cards in sleeves and mount the character sheet to cardboard using stick glue or spray glue.

The tokens are front and back, just mount them to cardboard.

I tested this guy only through a couple games but seems to work fine.

Use one of the Drow Wizard figures for this hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of the Cantrip power, I think it would be perfect for a Gnome Trickster hero.

Hmm.. how about custom heroes for other suitable minis from Dungeon Command? Dragon Knight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The cool thing about a cantrip card, is you could always include different tokens for different heroes.

The 'Skip Activation' and 'Skip 1st tactic' are pretty much the same.
-2AC is a weaker version of Darfire, so I was thinking of changing these. If you have any Ideas, that fit this character, let me know.

Edit: I changed them all to tactic skipping. May be more interesting that way. I'm going to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is Charm Monsters supposed to be used? Who is doing the attacking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
How is Charm Monsters supposed to be used? Who is doing the attacking?

You can move all monsters on the chosen tile up to 1 tile away and make an attack with each one. Use the monsters own stats for these attacks.

Suppose to be equivalent to the other wizards area attack powers. The bigger the monsters, the more room they take up on a tile, so the smaller amount you can charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some thoughts on your Dragon Knight:

Pommel Strike looks too accurate and it was also strange to imagine the knight intentionally wielding the sword in a reverse grip continually. How about +6 / 1 dmg and he may reroll the attack once (if the initial strike misses, the knight tries to improvise with a pommel strike).

Knight Guard, Bulwark of Defense and Sword Throw are really innovative ideas! cool

I am trying to design Sturm Brightblade (Dragonlance) and may have to borrow some ideas from your Dragon Knight. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
The One Fist figure from Descent is the perfect size for a goblin, or hogoblin.

Great idea to use a compulsory at-will to kinda give the hero a handicap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Some thoughts on your Dragon Knight:

Pommel Strike looks too accurate and it was also strange to imagine the knight intentionally wielding the sword in a reverse grip continually. How about +6 / 1 dmg and he may reroll the attack once (if the initial strike misses, the knight tries to improvise with a pommel strike).

Knight Guard, Bulwark of Defense and Sword Throw are really innovative ideas! cool

I am trying to design Sturm Brightblade (Dragonlance) and may have to borrow some ideas from your Dragon Knight. whistle

I just realized Bulwark may need to be clarified. It probably should say 'Place monster within 2 squares instead'. Also if that puts the monster adjacent to a different hero, he should still get to attack, so the power is really only usable if there is room to place it.

I need to fix the Goblinoid speed card as well, I was in a hurry last night.

I like your pommel idea, I think I will try it. This character is from a movie called 'Ironclad' and in the movie, whenever someone got inside his reach, he would grab the lower portion of the sword with his left hand and strike with the pommel, like a right jab. Jabs are very accurate, but mostly I was thinking that if you chose not to get the awsome extras of the 'Two Handed Sword', then you should at least get a better chance to hit, but your reroll has the same effect, so still keeps it an option that may get chosen over his other power sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought about making your Dragonlance heroes with cards because I like them alot but I prefere the cards as appose the the single sheet. Do you have cards of them I could print?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
I thought about making your Dragonlance heroes with cards because I like them alot but I prefere the cards as appose the the single sheet. Do you have cards of them I could print?

Sorry, I'm really no good at photoshop but it would be great if someone could do them as cards. whistle

You've really gotten me pumped up about completing Sturm, probably will post him before the day (night here) is up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt, checkout Sturm in this thread. I had to pinch myself to come up with something different and hopefully just as good. I think more variety enhances the richness of these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I forgot that you made a 'Burning Hands' card. Now I want to change the name of mine. lol Of course mine does not use a stance token, so would be usable by the other wizards in the game, so no real need to change it. I tried to make all my wizard cards fit the other wizards as well.

I am pressed for time these days, but I could begin the process of making cards for those guys. Just dont know how long til I would be able to finish.

I still want to make a Bogran Kinslayer card(with interchangable powers with One Fist, who still needs to be tested) as well as Silhouette. Her figure looks like a young girl when used in DnD so my daughter wants her painted and cards made. The painting is currently underway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played a game using One Fist, Thomas, the Drow Wizard, and Cattie-Bri.

I got destroyed before I even found the chamber. This never happens to me, but I was using treasure rooms and due to the placement of a cavern end, I ended up down a long hall and at a dead end(you cant explore into the side of a cavern end token). So I had to run the gauntlet to get out and we didnt make it. Should not have opened that door, I guess.

I see now that One Fist does not need a stance token, so I will redo that card. His Goblinoid speed power is one of the funnest powers I have ever used in this game. I am going to make another one for Bogran, and they will be the same class, so I can use both speed cards with the same character. This will feel alot like drinking vitality potions while you move in original Descent, if you were to use them all at once.
Need to make a few other changes to his cards, will play more first though in case more issues come up.

I have some old figures from a game called Dragon Strike, and was trying to think of some monster cards to make for them. Really what the game is missing, to me, is more goblins, orcs and kobold types. I guess when the other Dungeon Command games come out, that will be fixed. I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Break Morale is hilarious. I thought Goblinoid Speed should be limited to once per turn. Nice idea!

Quote:
Really what the game is missing, to me, is more goblins, orcs and kobold types.

Not sure if you've seen them but there are a bunch of them in various places (probably missed some too):
D&D Monster Manual - Wrath of Ashardalon Edition
Team ANT's Monsters, Villains, & other assorted 'Goodness' Thread!
Monster Cards for my minis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have already changed it for testing but havent updated the cards yet. I had to make qiute a few changes after all the games I played yesterday, but am going to test more before I change the cards. I changed Burning Hands back to "on your tile' as it was when I first made it as well. Goblinoid speed now only works durring you your Hero phase, that way Break Morale can be fixed as well.

I get excited when making stuff and obviously don't test it enough, but at least this way anyone who wants to help make it better, can. Changing it is no big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One fist has been fixed. He got most of the changes.

The other two got a couple changes that I will have to add later, cause its waaay past my bedtime.snore

Burning Hands has shorter range by one tile. The auto picked power for the wizard is now Teleport, making him a bit of a loner when used right, and causing him to feel more like the monster version. The Cantrip card is now used During your Hero phase, and within 1 tile, meaning you can place all three tokens if you want for free in one turn. I'm on the fence wether to change the range of the Acid Arrow or not, still.

Marshall's pommel jab now hits on at +9. His Sword Throw now does 2 damage when it misses (his sword is heavy, hurts even when it bounces off lol)

I think this brings these guys into the game nicely.

Edit: oops, I forgot to add one card to One Fist. Goblin Squint(Utility)= Use during Hero phase, next attack gets +4 to hit or +1 Damage, Flip when used. This card is made but it looks like I forgot to add it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I trashed the new goblin card and instead altered the Handgonne card slightly.

The Knight and Wizard are also finished now.

Edit: fixed the typo on Flash Pot.
typo on Drow card is fixed as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I realized while playing earlier, that as the Drow Wizard, you would never choose to use Charm Person over one of your other At-Wills.

Maybe you would if you were using Variant Heroes, but the Wizards have the best At-Wills already, so I changed the Charm Person card slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, 1 criteria I use to determine how well a hero's overall design works is if I have difficulty choosing which power NOT to take.

Charm Person sounds like a pretty evil power to use on your allies. How about changing it to the less dominating-sounding Mind Link, maybe increase the range to a Hero within 2 tiles that is adjacent to a Monster and having it succeed only on a roll of 10+.

Imo Acid Arrow should have a much lower attack bonus due to the unlimited range or introduce a penalty of -1 ATK per tile that the target is at from the Wizard. Hmm.. might use that idea myself.

Knight Charge also seems weaker than the Knight's other 2 At-wills (unless his speed was only 5 but his AC isn't high enough to warrant that). Maybe increasing it to +6 ATK might help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the comment. I think I like your mind link idea..

The unlimited range of the Acid Arrow is not worth much. Shooting at something all the way across the map helps the party very little in most cases. Magic missle goes 3 tiles at +8(wizards rock) so...

I was trying to add a power that fits the wizard sphere so to speak, lowering it much more would make it worthless to the other wizards, wouldn't it? I could see a +5? And \or maybe draws in the monster 1 tile closer on a miss?

I mix powers when I play mixed campaigns, the game is made for this, other than some LOD stuff, it works great. I want my Heroes to work this way as well.

What do you think?...

You might be right about Knight Charge as well,...I like your brain, thanx for the comments.

Edit: I have not actually mixed powers in a long time, now that I think of it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
Shooting at something all the way across the map helps the party very little in most cases.

You're right, the apparent huge benefit is deceptive.

Quote:
Edit: I have not actually mixed powers in a long time, now that I think of it....

Yup, I find that treating hero powers as secular allows great flexibility in designing flavorful heroes. Eg the custom Dragonlance heroes would imo be much less interesting if I were to use the standard power distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The LOD heroes never mixed very well, even if just because of the names on the cards lol

I almost never use LOD heroes anymore, except Cattie-Bri. I have used Drizzt only 1 time in my life.

I think if you were play with less surges, then mixing powers is almost needed, if you want a chance to win a Campaign, lol

Anyway, you did not say what you thought of either +5 for acid arrow, and\or moving a missed monster closer...

EDIT: Have you seen the movie 'Ironclad' btw? He only wears a Chain shirt, and moves all over the battle where he is needed, thats why the low AC and good movement, I wanted to give him better powers instead of AC. Awsome movie! There is also a character like Wulfgar who he fights in the finale cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
Anyway, you did not say what you thought of either +5 for acid arrow, and\or moving a missed monster closer...

Hmm.. how about renaming it to Phantasmal Killer, +6 ATK, Monster moves 1 tile towards closest Hero if it misses.

Quote:
Have you seen the movie 'Ironclad' btw? He only wears a Chain shirt, and moves all over the battle where he is needed, thats why the low AC and good movement, I wanted to give him better powers instead of AC. Awsome movie! There is also a character like Wulfgar who he fights in the finale cool

Would have thought it a naval warfare movie based on the name. Will check it out, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't like Phantasmal Killer for this. It has the same range as Magic Missle, while Acid Arrow has a much longer range. I think I will change it to say if miss move closer, and call it good. Thanx.

I will also change Charm to Mind Link. So if it only works 50% of the time then you are averaging out the treasure draw. So if your going to use it at all, you need to use it 2 or 3 times and hope for good luck. Otherwise you may as well use your own power, that does not fail 50% of the time. Why would the target Hero need to be adjacent to a monster? Some Heroes have ranged at-wills. I think maybe we should do away with the 50% thing and give a -2 to the attack instead. What say you?

I am almost ready to post a couple more characters. I am testing them, but may still need some input after they are up.

I have printed out a few variant heroes and some leave a little to be desired. But its cool to see what people have tried.

Still am going to try your Dragonlance guys, hopefully they will be better than some of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
I don't like Phantasmal Killer for this. It has the same range as Magic Missle, while Acid Arrow has a much longer range. I think I will change it to say if miss move closer, and call it good. Thanx.

Oh you must be looking at their D&D stats. I hadn't checked or considered that at all so just go with your idea.

Quote:
I will also change Charm to Mind Link. So if it only works 50% of the time then you are averaging out the treasure draw. So if your going to use it at all, you need to use it 2 or 3 times and hope for good luck. Otherwise you may as well use your own power, that does not fail 50% of the time. Why would the target Hero need to be adjacent to a monster? Some Heroes have ranged at-wills. I think maybe we should do away with the 50% thing and give a -2 to the attack instead. What say you?

I was thinking that the Wizard would need LOS to both parties and allowing magic attacks (which are mostly ranged) with it felt odd. Anyway a -2 looks ok but it would not affect Alissa's careful strike.

Quote:
Still am going to try your Dragonlance guys, hopefully they will be better than some of the others.

I certainly hope so too but feel free to comment on any problems you see with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.