The Secret of Monte Cristo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Market Rearrange rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FatOs Bob
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Rearrange action phase, you con move a treasure marker up one or two spaces on the market scale. My question is what happens to the other markers, I presume that you move down the one(s) that are inbetween the moved marker and the destination space?

I just got this game and I haven't tryed it yet. The action slides is innovative and brings the strategy aspect of the game to an all new level. I think I'll solo a 3P game just to get the hang of it. Can't wait to try a real 4P game. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The rules don't make it clear.

But we thought it was obvious enough that the other gems move down. Moving up 1 space makes the 2 gems swap; moving up 2 spaces makes the 2 intervening gems move down 1 space each while retaining their original order vis-à-vis each other. This is the way the designers' other games work with this same mechanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same question. The RAW seemed very unclear to me. "The marbles above this one are therefore moved up." Sounds like this is a typo and it should read "The marble(s) above this one are therefore moved down."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rob3k wrote:
I had this same question. The RAW seemed very unclear to me. "The marbles above this one are therefore moved up." Sounds like this is a typo and it should read "The marble(s) above this one are therefore moved down."

No typo, the rules as written are correct for the marbles. The front of the line is the bottom of the ramp, so when you move your marble down towards the front of the line, you have to move the other marbles up to make room.

This topic is about the treasure market scale, which is the opposite, the preferred positions are on the top. And as Chris says, the obvious thing to do when moving one treasure up is to push the others down to make room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
rob3k wrote:

No typo, the rules as written are correct for the marbles. The front of the line is the bottom of the ramp, so when you move your marble down towards the front of the line, you have to move the other marbles up to make room.

This topic is about the treasure market scale, which is the opposite, the preferred positions are on the top. And as Chris says, the obvious thing to do when moving one treasure up is to push the others down to make room.

You are correct and now I finally see my error. I read marbles and was thinking about the treasure markers for some reason which made that rule make no sense to me. Hoo boy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.