Muziq
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just addiction withdrawal from first edition or cherished memories from endless hours of epic quests in Hero Quest when I was a kid, but... I'm kind of missing a long quest in 2nd edition. One in which you can battle it out in say 3,5 - 4 hours.

I like the short compact, goal oriented quests and all but I'm secretly hoping an expansion might add some longer quests. It doesn't have to be the 5 to 6 hour quests from 1st edition but 3,5 hours sounds like fun to me. Anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Page
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I miss the treasures...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I miss the fake boobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Oord
Netherlands
SNAKKERBUREN
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I miss the drinks

* drinks *
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? You mean they were fake? Say it ain't so

I'm torn over the length of quests argument. I loved 1e and still do but enjoyment so often turned to exasperation at 1am when we were still slogging our way to the objective. 2e's streamlined style is great - its reinvigorated my desire to play the game. Sure, it isn't perfect but its (for me at least) a big step in the right direction.

My gaming group (4 of us - 2 male & 2 female) are enjoying it so far. We're now able to get a better sense of progress in a 3 hour session than we ever got in 1e. There was a comment made by my other half about "really missing going to town to shop" - less said about that the better!!

My only fear is that they may tinker with the format in expansions and we get mission-creep in that new features start to be introduced which take us back towards the slow mechanic that left 1e feeling like marmite. Don't get me wrong, I loved it but getting people to play it with you is the real issue. 2e as it stands will keep my group interested and (more importantly) my dungeon crawling need sated!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure I could ignore an expansion but the completor/finisher in me would probably melt down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.