Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Not many votes in the User Suggested # of Players so I thought I would ask if anyone has played this with only 2 players and if so, how was it?

I'm assuming it works best with more players though. Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've mostly played it 2 player with my son and I think it works well. I've only played it a few times as three player so I'm not an expert on high player counts, but I think in general the game would get even better with more people.

There's a few cards that target multiple people but they usually have an alternate effect for a single target so it's no big deal. There's also a small team deck you add in for a team game which I've never tried.

If you like Kung Fu Fighting you'll like this game. Kung Fu Fighting seems more oriented to 2 player somehow compared to High Noon Saloon, even though both support more players and have team versions. Maybe it's just the board of High Noon Saloon that seems suitable for more. But I've had a lot of fun with it as just 2 player. Great Wild West feeling. And there's something relaxing about these Slugfest games where you mostly just see what you draw and then slap it all down as best you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game also has a nifty team variant. So, in your case, each player can control two (or three) fighters. The game's pretty easy to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Responding to an old post, but for the archives... I'd be pretty skeptical of it's fun value with only two players. The game is pretty light, simple and silly. Any skill or strategy that could be inferred is from interaction with multiple players, especially in teams.

The strategy here would be simple stuff like playing cat and mouse around the board, being unassuming as a target, focus-targeting with a teammate, hiding for location bonuses, etc. In a 2 player game you'd have none of that, it would essentially be a really silly card game where whoever draws the best combination of cards would win. Young boys would probably still enjoy it, but I don't really see it being much fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 1 game with 2 players, and it was ok, definitely will consider running 2 characters each next time! But I think this game would shine with more players. When I played Deadwood and Carson City, I thought the same thing, and when I did play with 3 or 4 players in those games they were awesome. I expect the same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.