Popular Tags: [View All]
Madelyn C
United States
Locust Grove
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter, friend and I got a chance to play this today at GenCon during an afternoon session. Chris with Dice Hate Me and his friend Dan played with us. I should note I did Kickstart this game.

Chris explained the rules and we started playing....I should note I was the biggest loser....

What a fun game with lots to think about, but both turn order and poor brewing did me in. My daughter really picked up on research and picking up extra beans. She then cornered the market with the red beans and was able to really brew some good coffee on multiple turns.

Chris was able to partner up with her a few times to take advantage of her brewing abilities, then as Dan cornered the green beans she partnered with him. She scored almost every round.

I was unable to pull the right beans from my roast bag after realizing I had to many different color beans in my bag.

We thoroughly enjoyed the game and even though the one we played was not the final production copy the games was very nice.

If you have not played the game yet go brew a cup with Dice Hate Me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is my copy?

There's reason people get cranky in the mornings when they don't get their copy!

I meant coffee. Wait, no, no I meant copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Madelyn,

It was a great game of VivaJava, and your daughter is one of the most shrewd brewers I've ever seen. She really used the Grow ability the best way ive seen yet. Thanks for playing - it was a blast!

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
madax66 wrote:
I should note I was the biggest loser....

What a fun game

That's a huge compliment! Thanks! Fun enough to be fun when losing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.