6 Posts

The Twelve Doctors: Doctor Who Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Changed rules or error in pdf? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a difference between how voluntary master regeneration is described between the original word document and the new (amazing) pdf. Mark's answer in this thread indicates that the pdf is wrong on this point. Or did the rules change?

Because of the above, I'd also like the following confirmed:
Quote:
Any card that targets an Alpha Marauder may target a (Temporal) Marauder.

since that sentence didn't appear in the word file.

And a couple of bonus questions:

* When Davros or Fendahl is played, the Doctor may choose his current regeneration to destroy, right?

FAQ wrote:
1. When do you place tokens?
At some non-specific point during each turn, including the turn in
which the card was played. So the Axos effectively starts with Power
equaling ‘1’.

* I suppose "non-specific point" means it's up to the current player when exactly during their turn they want to do it? In other words, if I have Family of Blood in play with two tokens on them at the start of the turn, can I sacrifice them for the Black Scrolls, since they would be destroyed anyway?

* Speaking of the Black Scrolls, it seems the once per turn limit is an official rule now? (Discussed here)

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that cards that target an Alpha can ONLY target an Alpha.

But I'll let Mark confirm for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

No.

Quote:
When Davros or Fendahl is played, the Doctor may choose his current regeneration to destroy, right?

Yes.

Quote:
if I have Family of Blood in play with two tokens on them at the start of the turn, can I sacrifice them for the Black Scrolls, since they would be destroyed anyway?

Yes.

Quote:
Speaking of the Black Scrolls, it seems the once per turn limit is an official rule now?

Yes. The Black Scrolls are also referenced on a few of the upcoming Weng-Chiang cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. And the first question?

Quote:
There's a difference between how voluntary master regeneration is described between the original word document and the new (amazing) pdf. Mark's answer in this thread indicates that the pdf is wrong on this point. Or did the rules change?

Rules doc wrote:
The Master player may, once per turn, do one of the following (after removing all tokens from the current regeneration card, and replacing it with the next regeneration card):

Rules pdf wrote:
The Master player may, once per turn, regenerate voluntarily. If he
does, then add a token to the Masters' regeneration card.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:
Quote:

No.

Oh. The quote above is also from the pdf, if that wasn't clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And the first question?

Hmmm. Trouble is, I simply do not have the time to check, line-by-line and word-by-word, other people's versions of the game rules.

Other than the Black Scrolls limiter, no other rule or system has changed.

I know that there is another version of the rules in the works, with Joe and Mark (to include a thorough FAQ and some additions regarding deck drafting, and clarifying the set-up and play). I'll make a point of going over it with my sonic screwdriver!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
Hmmm. Trouble is, I simply do not have the time to check, line-by-line and word-by-word, other people's versions of the game rules.

No worries. It's just that since Joe is involved in the game, I took his document as something "official". I'll just post a comment on the file page then.

Once again, thanks a million!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.