Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Dominion: Dark Ages» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Game End Condition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please notice the question mark in my subject line. I'm really wondering with all the Knights and Looters, recycling through the Trash and generally blocking each other's progress there seems to be in Dark Ages whether these rules include a new game end condition like Prosperity Did? Like when all the Duchies are bought? Or when any two Victory Card piles are bought? Or when all the Knights have been trashed?

Montebanc - (My namesake doesn't like all the chaos, although an occasional Wandering Minstrel might be an entertaining addition to his show...)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like there's not much to talk about in this area until the rulebook is actually made available...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. My guess is that you either A) know the answer but aren't allowed to share it yet, or B) are stating the ...obvious? My hope is that as soon as the rulebook is made available online someone will post an answer here.

Montebanc
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's B
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rulebook in my hands...

montebanc wrote:
Please notice the question mark in my subject line. I'm really wondering with all the Knights and Looters, recycling through the Trash and generally blocking each other's progress there seems to be in Dark Ages whether these rules include a new game end condition like Prosperity Did?


No new end game condition is included.

Quote:
Like when all the Duchies are bought?


No - though this would be one empty pile.

Quote:
Or when any two Victory Card piles are bought?


No - though this would be two empty piles.

Quote:
Or when all the Knights have been trashed?


No - though this would be one empty pile.

Quote:
Montebanc - (My namesake doesn't like all the chaos, although an occasional Wandering Minstrel might be an entertaining addition to his show...)


The rules do specify that, of course, the following piles are not part of the supply and do not count as empty piles for end game conditions or City: Spoils, Madman, Mercenary, and the three Shelters.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do understand the OPs concern that the game will loop a bit as cards are trashed and re-bought but experienced gamers should be able to focus on the actual end goal of having more points when the game ends. With that in mind they should be able to use the existing end conditions to end the game when they have secured the most points.

When Intrigue came out we saw a lot more games that ended with the exhaustion of three piles, although as we got better we realized we were often inflating our deck without proper focus on winning the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, I forgot to specify that the rules, as could be expected, say to include the Ruins if a Looter card is in the game, and that the Ruins count as a pile towards game ending and City.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xitoliv wrote:
Additionally, I forgot to specify that the rules, as could be expected, say to include the Ruins if a Looter card is in the game, and that the Ruins count as a pile towards game ending and City.


Sorry, I missed something.... City?

-DK
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor VVV
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
City?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VictorVVV wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
City?


....duh....


Ignore me!

-DK
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Servo
United States
watkinsville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
VictorVVV wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
City?


....duh....


Ignore me!

-DK


I was right there with you, man.

Now I feel dumb as well, but at least I have company.
3 
 Thumb up
8.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rhpenland wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
VictorVVV wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
City?


....duh....


Ignore me!

-DK


I was right there with you, man.

Now I feel dumb as well, but at least I have company.

Is three a crowd?
2 
 Thumb up
8.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xitoliv wrote:
Per the rulebook in my hands...

Quote:
Or when all the Knights have been trashed?


No - though this would be one empty pile.



Technically, all the Knights getting trashed wouldn't create one empty pile, but it would mean that the Knights pile was emptied previously in the game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.