Hide
4 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Investigators (Hulk and FFT) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Killtr Khan
msg tools
I enjoy converting characters from different games and systems. I made a few for Arkham Horror and thought someone might get some enjoyment from seeing or using them.

The Hulk

Final Fantasy Tactics

Here's what I could come up with for using "Invite" on monsters. It feels a little clunky, but I'm not certain how to make it easier right now.

Invited Token:
Only one invited token may be on the board. If another would be placed, move it from the first monster.

Invited monsters are treated as both investigators and monsters for effects that affect all investigators (such as Mythos effects, including rumor cards). Effects that decrease or deal damage to stamina are counted as decreases in toughness for that turn and may kill the invited monster. Bonuses or penalties to fight or combat affects the amount of damage dealt. Invited monsters do not have sanity.

Investigators do not have to fight invited monsters (but may fight them if they choose) and invited monsters do not cause horror checks. Investigators may move through a square with the invited monster if another monster does not also exist there. Invited monsters are not claimed as trophies unless killed directly by an investigator.

Orators may spend any or all of his movement to move an invited monster in any direction. This is in addition to possible movement during Mythos phase. If an invited monster and the Orator both end movement with a monster, The Orator may choose to have either the invited monster or the Orator fight the monster first.

If an invited monster ends its movement or Mythos phase in a square with another monster, both creatures deal their damage to each other. If the invited monster kills another monster, the Orator claims it as a trophy. Damage occurs at the same time and both monster may kill each other. If multiple other monsters exist at the same street area or location, the Orator chooses which monster the invited monster fights first. Both monsters may not be capable of killing each other. If this is the case, nothing happens as the creatures are locked in combat (until one creature moves away).

Invited monsters are unable to collect or trade items and cannot collect clues. They cannot have skills, allies, blessings, or curses.

Invited monsters do still count toward the monster limit. They do not move through gates normally, but if moved out of Arkham (such as by a Nightgaunt), they are returned to the cup. Invited monsters do not have encounters.

Ancient Ones may not be invited, and invited monsters do not fight against the ancient one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, man. It's a thematic game, and this kind of ruins the theme... but hey, to each his own. Just not my cup of tea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind seeing a FF (or Dr. Who, or...) standalone set! The Ancient One is a big boss monster, and the gate openings are replaced by the plots he needs to succeed to carry out his master plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom T
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I think that you have a really good idea with The Hulk (and I don't just mean that as a Marvel fan). You did a great job balancing the powers of the Hulk by adding to the monster limit and Terror track. If you did want to make them a little more thematic, can just switch them for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde while keeping the same mechanics. Great job!

I don't know much about Final Fantasy (I haven't played one since Mystic Quest on the SNES) so I didn't really look at the other two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.