Subject: Wooden stands for Counters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once i saw an online-retailer that had wooden stands for counters which looked like that

You can put a counter on so that it works like a block-game. Unfortunately i can´t find them anymore cry Does anybody know what i´m talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You could make your own kind by cutting the "Scrabble" wooden tile-holders into suitable portions for them. That is what I'm going to be doing, since I can usually obtain this at a mere fraction of the overall cost for what you pay with them others.

OR you could contact this 'chap' upon the matter:

Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
The stands are made by Rdoxx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.rdoxx.com/

Pricey little things though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. They're called "Counter Sleds" and they come in a variety of sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
If you're playing with one-sided pieces you could use a plastic stand like those in Platoon. Don't know where to find these things on their own. Would love to know if anyone has ever seen them. But if you can find a copy of Platoon, you would have a large supply. I don't care for Platoon, but I've kept it so I can use the stands. I've used them to play Air Assault On Crete/Invasion of Malta: 1942. Worked really well.
Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your advice These Counter Sleds are what i was looking for. The price is fine for me, i don´t need them for massive-counter-games.

The whole boardgaming-hobby itself is a pretty expensive one over here in Germany, you never pay a price compared to what you´re used to in the US (how is it over there in Honkong, Eric?), we have international shipping and the the taxes on top... And because i mostly prefer Ameritrash and Wargames instead of Euros, i´m used to waste a lot of money for this stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.