Subject: Wrath, Ravenloft, Drizzt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Dungeon Command set comes with cards that will let you add them to the adventure games. Lolth comes with all monster cards. Cormyr has monsters, allies and a special encounter card that can be added to the encounter deck. There is no official word or example yet on how exactly to add the monsters to the adventure games.

You can see a detailed breakdown here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/833159/question-about-us...

The tiles have the same locking edge but do not have the same back and necessary markings (ash, triangle, etc). So you'll need to be creative if you want to use these with the adventure games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We put the Sting of Lolth adventure game cards in Legend of Drizzt the last time we played and they worked very nicely with that game's flavor.

I'm going to pack the Corymyr adventure game cards with Wrath of Ashardalon, as they seem to mesh best with it flavor-wise.

It'd be tricky to use either game's tiles with the other despite the connectivity, since they lack the iconography that impacts certain rules, but I'm still going to try it.

The boy and I are going to play a game of Legend of Drizzt. Then, when it's over, we're going to keep the resultant dungeon layout on the table and play Dungeon Command on those tiles.

I'll let you know how that turns out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
chaosjenkins wrote:
The boy and I are going to play a game of Legend of Drizzt. Then, when it's over, we're going to keep the resultant dungeon layout on the table and play Dungeon Command on those tiles.

I am interested in how that goes as well. Please let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaosjenkins wrote:

So, 6 mos in how are you feeling about the value of the DC factions as an expansion for the DnD Adventure Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the DC games first and foremost as the skirmish game they mean to be, especially now that we're building crazy 3D dungeons out of Terraclips to play with.

However, they make nice complementary pieces to the Adventure games. For instance, the addition of the monster cards from the Undead DC box are fun, particularly with Ravenloft.

Playing DC on maps made for the Adventure games was a fun experiment. Of course, sometimes it's going to work better than others. Bringing in third party dungeon terrain has been a bigger boon for both lines of games.

Making an ornate Terraclips Dungeon and then using it for a few different games, including a DC bout and a crawl using the Adventure Games has been the most fun I've had with the DnD games in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much Josh.

Don't think I'm ready to jump into 3D dungeon building with Terraclips. One of the reasons I haven't been playing Heroscape is all the extra set up and break down time. (as well as how gameplay provided vs storage space)

Your comment about the Undead DC / Ravenloft fit is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for though.

I would assume that the Lolth is just as ideally suited for Drizzt?

And the Cormyr for Ashardalon? (well, perhaps all three with the added heroes?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.