Popular Tags: [View All]
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
How well does the game work with 2 players? I mean one storyteller and one adventurer. Or can / should the adventurer player play 2-3 adventurers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escapade Crew
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
It should be very playable with only 2 players, and although I personally haven't played it that way yet, we have had several playtest groups who reported positive experiences with playing with one player as a single hero. All of the action challenges scale well to accommodate different group sizes, and having only a single hero was considered in all of the challenge designs.

We hadn't considered players using multiple heroes as the game encourages you to play as a heroic version of yourself, and due to the way the game rewards teamwork and coordination of efforts it seems like it would really be ideal to only control one hero at a time for maximum immersion and appropriate challenge level.

Thanks for asking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, good to hear that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escapade Crew
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
As an update, we had the opportunity to try out several 2-player games of Story Realms with folks at GenCon, and I can now say from personal experience and observation that the game scales very well for a single player and Storyteller, with the player using only one hero board! We have lots of playtest reports affirming the same thing, but I feel much more confident saying so now that I've personally seen it in action.

We are going to continue testing the scenarios for one-on-one play, and in the final version we will include a few suggestions for how to use the Ally lore card abilities to aid a single player and make sure the challenges are fun and have the right level of difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case this thread is still being checked, any thoughts on how the sample action scene goes with only 1 hero? Going to try it with one other player tonight, and I really want it to go well. Seems tough with the "team" only getting 1 action per turn. You can't try to rescue and keep the threat down at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kickstarter page:

Quote:
... The only big adjustment I make with a single hero is to play up the role of allies in helping that hero out. So in Den of Darkness, instead of having Gurbin be so injured he can't help much with fighting off Blunderbore, I instead would make him more capable in the scene and able to drag Twilla while the player comes up with creative ways to save the day.

Each ally lore card also has specific information about how the ally can help the heroes and will include suggestions on how to play up allies a bit more for games with only one hero. ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.