Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As FFG seems not interested in doing an upgrade kit for 1st edition, I suggest to those with 1st edition box+CoK to use Vassal to get all the content in the 2nd edition. It will require some DIY (screen capture and print the new cards and the new garrison tokens), and a little modification of the additional map in CoK (if I saw it right, the only difference is that you can move between Prince's Pass and Three Towers), but you'll be easily able to upgrade your old edition to the new one. The only other difference is the number of knights (5 in the new edition, 4 in the old) and siege towers (2 in the new edition, 3 in the old), but you can simply mark one of the Siege Towers as knight, or use one of the Siege Tower upside down to show it as a knight. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggesting that people use Vassal to reproduce parts of a board game rather than buying it sure seems a lot like stealing to me....whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Mueller
United States
East Moline
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I disagree that it is stealing, you bought the original game with two expansions and the self made components are for your personal use not for sale. If Fantasy fight offered the option people would buy it but they would rather sell the whole game, bigger profit than the upgrade.

I support there option to just offer the 2nd edition only. If they don't make any money then there would be no upgrades at all. I own all three 1st edition games and am debating if I should buy the new version. I just don't know if the upgrade would be worth it... I am also sympathetic to those that spent $150.00 on all three AGOT games and don't want to shell out another $50 for minimal components changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.