Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the process of building an order of $100 to get free shipping on one of the many online game retailers! However, I feel a little bad that I missed out on an opportunity to save some money during the online Summer Sale that occurred just days earlier.

I was hoping that, with a little help, we would be able to create a thread with the holiday sale dates of the various online retailers. That way, someone looking at this thread would be able to anticipate upcoming sales and decide whether or not to wait.

If there are any sales I missed, please indicate it in a reply below and I will try to represent it in the OP to the best of my abilities.

Summer
Cardhaus.com
+7/7/10 - Summer Sale: 10% off all board games

CoolStuffInc.com (CSI)
+9/3/12 - Labor Day Sale: Assorted Board Games
+8/1/12 - Summer Blowout Sale: Assorted Board Games
+7/4/12 - Independence Day Sale: Assorted Board Games
+8/24/11 - Summer Blowout Sale: Assorted Board Games

BoardsandBits.com
+8/8/11 - Anniversary Sale: Assorted board games

MultiManPublishing.com (MMP)
+7/4/12 - Independence Day Sale: MMP Games

TimeWellSpent.com (TWS)
+6/29/12 - Summer Clearance Sale: Assorted Board Games

Fall
American Express
+11/24/11 - Small Business Saturday: $25 Credit at your FLGS

CoolStuffInc.com (CSI)
+11/25/11 - Black Friday Deals: 23 Board games
+10/8/12 - Octobertastic (Fall) Game Sale: Assorted Board games

MiniatureMarket.com (MM)
+11/23/11 - Black Friday Deals: 10-25% Off wide selection of games

Store.FantasyFlightGames.com (FFG)
+11/23/11 - Holiday Sale: FFG Games and Promo Items

TrollandToad.com
+11/25/11 - Black Friday deals: Assorted board games

Winter
Funagaingames.com
+12/16/11 - Holiday Sale: Up to 15% entire purchase

CoolStuffInc.com (CSI)
+12/12/11 - Holiday Sale: Assorted Board Games
+12/26/11 - End of Year Blowout: Assorted board games

MiniatureMarket.com (MM)
+12/29/10 - Year End Sale: 5% Off In-stock items

Spring
Funagaingames.com
4/4/11 - April's Fools sale: Assorted games

Year-round Sales and Clearance sections (Variable)
Cardhaus.com - Clearance Board Games
Miniature Market - Clearance Board Games
BoardsandBits.com - Damaged Box discounts & Specials
WholesaleGaming.com (No free shipping)- Daily deals & Monthly Specials
Boardgamerevolution.com - Set Bundles
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG usually has a holiday sale starting the day before Thanksgiving through the end of Dec. They have been doing it annually since 2009.

They usually have really good sales on stuff and even put up a lot of their promo items.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not retailer specific, but American Express for the past two years has had Small Business Saturday. For each unique Amex card number you have, you can get a $25 credit if you spend $25 at a small business. This includes authorized user cards if they have a different number. Last year I got $150 of free games off 6 card numbers. It's been on the Thanksgiving weekend Saturday.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Coffee
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I don't have the specific dates, and not an Onliner, but Barnes & Noble has had their clearance sales - progressing from 50% off to 75% off and finally to $2. 50% lasting 3-4 weeks, 75% 2-3 weeks and $2 1-2 weeks. My "facts" are likely waaay off.

July
Jan-Feb range
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hamtastic wrote:

Persistent Sales
Miniature Market - Clearance Board Games

I wouldn't necessarily call them persistent sales as the mix often varies.... especially like now with Troyes, The Ares Project, Shadow Hunters and Eclipse.

Also, Days of Wonder usually has one of their titles for free with a $50 order at Christmas. In the past these have included Colosseum, Ticket to Ride: Märklin and Cargo Noir.

DoW sends you a special code to use. To get the code you have to be registered on their website before they're sent out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
rvinyard wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily call them persistent sales as the mix often varies....


I think he meant that they have a persistent clearance section, not that the list of games on it is persistent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
rvinyard wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily call them persistent sales as the mix often varies....


I think he meant that they have a persistent clearance section, not that the list of games on it is persistent.

Some of them seem to be.

They must have a ton of that Heroclix Alien Queen.

But, every now and then they throw some gems in there, but they usually seem to clear out quick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lcoffee wrote:
I don't have the specific dates, and not an Onliner, but Barnes & Noble has had their clearance sales - progressing from 50% off to 75% off and finally to $2. 50% lasting 3-4 weeks, 75% 2-3 weeks and $2 1-2 weeks. My "facts" are likely waaay off.

July
Jan-Feb range


Depending on your luck with your specific stores, this sale can be truly amazing. I've gotten AOE 3, Gulo Gulo, Chicken Cha Cha Cha, Cosmic Encounter, and many others for only $1/$2 (it used to be $1 at the final stage).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Briggs
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
we consider everyday a holiday sale with low prices and free shipping at $50.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Bimm wrote:
It's not retailer specific, but American Express for the past two years has had Small Business Saturday. For each unique Amex card number you have, you can get a $25 credit if you spend $25 at a small business. This includes authorized user cards if they have a different number. Last year I got $150 of free games off 6 card numbers. It's been on the Thanksgiving weekend Saturday.


If you have access to 6 different AmEx accounts, do you really need the discount?

I guess you don't get rich by not taking advantage of deals for stuff you buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
Bimm wrote:
It's not retailer specific, but American Express for the past two years has had Small Business Saturday. For each unique Amex card number you have, you can get a $25 credit if you spend $25 at a small business. This includes authorized user cards if they have a different number. Last year I got $150 of free games off 6 card numbers. It's been on the Thanksgiving weekend Saturday.


If you have access to 6 different AmEx accounts, do you really need the discount?

I guess you don't get rich by not taking advantage of deals for stuff you buy.


1. It's 4 accounts, 2 of the numbers are just authorized user cards for my wife.
2. I'm not sure why it implies someone is rich because they have Amex accounts? All of them have no fees, and I signed up for various promos like free miles or whatever.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Barajas
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just speculating, but the next major American holiday is labor day which falls on Monday, September 3rd. So perhaps they will have sales that weekend.

Another possibility: back to school sales.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Randomthts wrote:
I'm just speculating, but the next major American holiday is labor day which falls on Monday, September 3rd. So perhaps they will have sales that weekend.

Another possibility: back to school sales.


You were right, Felipe! The thread has been updated to reflect CoolStuffInc's current Labor Day Sale. Hopefully, other online vendors follow in stride.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This comes topic comes up every now and then.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3159914#3159914


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.