Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Onirim» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarding a tower after Nightmare is drawn - do I use towers' special power? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Przemek Psychonauta
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!

Rules say: when you discard a tower card you may look and put in desired order a number of cards from the deck corresponding to a number on the tower card.
Also rules say: when you draw a nightmare you must discard already played tower unless you put the nightmare into the limbo pile.
Now: can I use tower's special power discarding it after drawing a nightmare or is this special power triggered ONLY when I choose to discard tower from my hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek Psychonauta
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Well - I should first search the forum harder, 'couse this question was already answered here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/621395/discarding-a-towe...

Although I agree that rules are not clear about that: discard means discard and there's no other information about discarding from hand or alignment row. On the other side I also agree, that not allowing to use tower's special power when discarded with a nightmare makes more sense

Anyway, apart from constant reshuffling the deck, this game is pretty good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the rules PDF from the Z-Man games site. It's much more complete than the rules sheet that comes with the game. You'll learn stuff that may not be immedately obvious (like being possible to discard ANY tower that's in play, not just one of the edges, as long as the symbols keep matching, or how to handle arbitrary doors being sent to limbo when using both the book and dark premonition expansions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.