Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have Cowboys: Way of the Gun how much of it's components would be transferable for Outlaws? I'd still need to make custom dice correct? But I could use the Cowboys tiles, standees, etc?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff - I will have to let others comment as I do not own Cowboys.

Moon Sylver?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrotskyTrotsky wrote:
Hi Jeff - I will have to let others comment as I do not own Cowboys.

Moon Sylver?

Happy to!

I haven't "measured" the scale, but from eyeballing it, it looks about the same. No reason you couldn't use the boards & standees.

The character charts would be easily adaptable, as they already record ammo & wounds. The only thing you would need to print off there (or make note of) would be the character skills & special abilities.

Same with the gun counters. You could use the ones provided, you would just have to make note of the Guns "stats".

Right off the top of my head the two things that would be critical to assemble would be the Wound Chits & The Gun Dice. The rest could probably be adapted from "Cowboys".

Honestly, I considered going this route &/or interchanging bits ( & still swap some in & out), but decided to go full build for ease of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actally, you don't actually need to use actual "gun dice". Dave supplies a chart that allows you to use regular 6 sided dice in place of gun dice. You can even print off the file for the gun dice on adhesive paper and put the lables onto regular dice. Now you have "gun dice"!

The wound chits are a must, so you have to make these double sided markers yourself. The maps from both games use 1" squares.

Both games have good rules. Cowboys is for sure the lighter game. Outlaws has more detail, but it is not overwhelming. For me, it is just right!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for responding guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Builder wrote:
Actally, you don't actually need to use actual "gun dice". Dave supplies a chart that allows you to use regular 6 sided dice in place of gun dice. You can even print off the file for the gun dice on adhesive paper and put the lables onto regular dice. Now you have "gun dice"!

David

Is the file for the gun dice available for download?

Didn't see it in the Outlaws folder...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a PDF file labeled Gun_Dice_table. This file is with the introductory set of files. Or, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to forget about the table, since I don't use it. Since the dice are such an easy component to make, I'd recommend it, just because it saves that extra step of checking a chart. I was quite pleased when playing at how the play aid + gun dice + wound chits = no rules look up's & smooth play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.